Offer - Noval Port Tawny 10 Year Old 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Save 25%, was £21.99 - Save 25% when you order by 2/1/2014. Offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
Price per 75cl: £16.49
Historical: Quinta do Noval lies in the Douro valley in Northern Portugal where great Port has been produced since 1715. Noval is unique among the great traditional Port houses in its emphasis on the importance of the vineyard. It is significant that the company is named after its vineyard, that it is entirely based in the Douro valley, that its principal Vintage Ports, Quinta do Noval Nacional and Quinta do Noval are both single vineyard wines. The aim is to produce great classic Vintage Ports which are harmonious and elegant expressions of the terroir of Quinta do Noval. At Noval the vineyard is at the heart of everything we do.
Definition: This is a Port with an indication of its average age, aged in oak casks and taking on characteristics of walnuts, dried fruits and spices, showing increasing intensity of colour, complexity, concentration and depth of flavour.
Varietal Composition: Tinta Roriz, Touriga Francesa and Tinta Barroca predominate among the traditional grape varieties of the Demarcated Region of the Douro Valley.
Vineyard Location: 50% from grapes of Quinta do Noval, Pinhão; 50% A quality grapes from our traditional suppliers in the heart of the Douro Valley.
Vinification: the grapes were trodden by foot and fermented in the traditional “lagares” of the Quinta, where a disciplined and intense treading is fundamental for the best results.
19.5% Alc. Vol.
- Drinks / Wine / Sherry & Port / Port / Tawny & White Port / Tawny
- Wine Cellar / Medal Winners / Silver / Decanter
- Off Licence / Fortified & Dessert Wine / Port / Tawny Port
- Brands: Noval
- Grape Varieties: Other Red Grapes
- Price Ranges: £15 to £20
- Themes: Ideas
- Options: On Offer
- Wine Cellar: Fortified Wine, Medal Winners
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Tasting Notes: Truth vive tawny color. It is the youngest of the Noval tawnies with age indication. In its complex aroma, the vibrant young fruit lovely blends with the attractive and characteristic dry fruits aromas like nuts. Rich and smooth on the palate it as an elegant structure and a long finish. It can be served slightly chilled as an aperitif, as a digestive at the end of a meal, or in any occasion during the day on its own
Country of Origin
Glass bottle recyclable.
- Contains: Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.