Ocado British Free Range Whole Chicken Medium Typically: 1.55kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 4) (avg. 4)*
Price per kg: £5.39
Min. weight: 1.3kg
Max. weight: 1.8kg
Ocado British Free Range Medium Whole Chicken.
Free Range birds have the freedom to forage outside and peck at the ground. Their houses are designed with windows to allow in natural light and have straw bales, pecking objects and perches to promote natural behaviour.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Keep refrigerated below 4ºC. Once opened, consume within 1 day.
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
Prepare & Use
Remove all packaging. Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw poultry. All chicken products should be cooked thoroughly until there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
Gas Mark: 6.
Preheat oven. Place chicken in a roasting tin and brush skin with oil. Roast for 45 mins per kg plus 20 mins, basting occasionally. Allow to stand for 10 mins before carving. If stuffing the chicken, stuff the neck and weigh the chicken to calculate the correct cooking time.
Ensure the product is hot before serving and that the chicken is thoroughly cooked by inserting a skewer
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Cook once, eat twice! For great time saving recipes visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipes.
This easy Sunday roast, glazed in honey, is so delicious it doesn't need any extra accompaniments and everything is cooked in one pan.
1 hr 50 mins
This recipe is from Brian Turner, CBE, the President of the Academy of Culinary Arts. The dish is simple and tasty, however buy the best free range, organic chickens you can. Click the camera symbol to watch the video.
1 hr 35 mins
Just bring this dish to the table and let everyone help themselves. Afterwards, there's less washing up. What's not to like about this one-pot meal?
1 hr 55 mins
A one-pot chicken curry dish which is given its unique flavour by a sprinkling of crushed peppercorns, cardamom pods and a ginger/garlic paste. If you don't want to use chicken on the bone, use skinned pieces of chicken breast, which will also speed up this recipe considerably.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.