Ocado British Growing Thyme Pot
Thyme is a very fragrant, small-leafed & woody-stemmed herb. It is frequently used in Mediterranean, Italian and Provençal French recipes. It is ideal with lamb, poultry and tomatoes, and is perfect used in soups, stews, stocks and sauces.
Lemon and Thyme Marinade - Mix together olive oil, the zest of a lemon, 2 garlic cloves, chopped, a handful of chopped fresh parsley and a handful of thyme leaves. Pour over chicken breast, cover and leave to infuse for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Growing herbs are "cut as you need", harvest just above leaf growth to encourage the plant to re-grow.
Watering the herbs from the bottom is the key to keeping them healthy and to prolonging their life. Your herbs have always been watered from below so by keeping to this regime you will extend the life of the plant.
Remove the herb pots from their sleeves and place the pots in the tray. By placing water at the bottom of the tray you can always see how much water your plants have taken up. Generally water little and often and never keep your plant in standing water.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Prepare & Use
1. Pick leaves as required.
2. Wash before use.
3. Tear or chop.
4. Add at the end of cooking for maximum flavour.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Ocado Growing Herbs come in a specially designed outer carton to prevent damage during transit.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy.
Beef stuffed peppers - a quick and easy way to enjoy healthy delicious tasting food. Our top tip is to use grated mozzarella cheese for extra flavour.
Chef Angela Hartnett’s deliciously simple Mediterranean classic.
Sea salt is used to capture and seal in the natural juices of the fresh flavours of the lemon and herbs.
1 hr 5 mins
Arancini, or risotto balls as they are sometimes known, mark the perfect way to make the most of leftover risotto, especially once served with a piquant arrabiata sauce. Leave the sauce to simmer for as long as possible, to give depth of flavour.
3 hrs 20 mins
The artichokes in this tart are prepared ‘à la grecque’, but you can replace this process by simply using slived artichoke hearts from a jar, if you prefer.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.