Ocado British Shin of Veal for Osso Bucco
4 days guaranteed (avg. 0)*
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
Ocado British Shin of Veal for Osso Bucco.
Ocado works closely with British Farmers producing veal from the West country. All our veal calves are reared from dairy bull calves born in the Dorset & Somerset area.
The veal calves are reared on farms where animal contentment and wellbeing is their principal consideration. The farms have been audited and accredited by the RSPCA through its Freedom Foods Association. The calves are carefully reared on straw in large pen groups in well ventilated barns with unrestricted access to fresh food, water and barley straw.
Ocado British veal is pale pink in appearance, tender in texture and subtle in flavour. Veal also has the benefit of being leaner than other meat cuts.
Age on slaughter: up to 8 months.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Keep refrigerated. Suitable for freezing on day of purchase.
Prepare & Use
Osso Bucco Recipe:
Osso Bucco is essentially a slow cooked casserole which uses shin of veal. The name literally means ‘bone with a hole’ and it is the marrow that comes from this hole that gives a fantastic rich flavour and silky texture to the sauce.
- 4 Osso Bucco.
- Salt and freshly milled Black Pepper.
- 50g/2oz Plain Four.
- 10ml/2tsp ground Paprika.
- Small bunch fresh Thyme Leaves.
- 45ml/3tbsp Sunflower Oil.
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed.
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and diced.
- 300ml ½ pint Dry White Wine.
- 1 x 400g can chopped Tomatoes.
- 300ml ½ pint hot water.
- 2 fresh Bay Leaves.
- Grated strips of fresh Orange and Lemon Zest.
- Freshly chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley, to garnish, optional.
- In a large plastic food bag mix together the seasoning, flour, paprika and thyme leaves.
- Heat the 30ml/2tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan, place the veal in the bag with the seasoned flour, shake well and cook in the pan for 3-4 minutes until brown. Transfer to a large 1.7L/3pint heatproof casserole dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and carrots for 3-4 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, water, bay leaves and the citrus zest to the casserole dish. Season, if required, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer on the hob for 1½ -2 hours until the veal is tender.
Garnish with the parsley and serve with cheesy mash and seasonal vegetables.
Country of Origin
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.