Ocado Brown Onions 1.5kg
6 days guaranteed (avg. 9)*
Price per kg: £1.23
Bright with blemish free skin and firm to the touch. These fresh onions have the distinctive savoury flavour that only onions bring to a dish. Ideal as the base for all your favourite dishes, but also great quartered, drizzled in olive oil and roasted.
For a classic onion gravy, peel and thickly slice onion then add to a saucepan with butter over gentle heat to cook slowly. When ready, add beef stock and serve with bangers and mash.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. When onions are in season in the UK, we source from home. The rest of the year, when the British onion is out of season, we source from trusted overseas suppliers.
18 Portions based on FSA recommended 80g.
Average size 60mm diameter.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
1. Peel Onions & remove outer skin.
2. Cut top and bottom off Onion and chop into quarters or preferred size.
3. Place in roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Roast in pre heated fan assisted at 175ºC, Non fan assisted 200ºC & Gas mark 6 on middle shelf.
5. Turn onions over after 15 minutes of cooking. Remove after approximately 30 minutes and serve. Check Food is piping hot.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Make the most of your leftovers, visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com.
A perfect mid-week supper dish that uses potatoes instead of the traditional rice or noodles.
This quick and easy recipe can be made extra special by making your own guacamole!
Beef stuffed peppers - a quick and easy way to enjoy healthy delicious tasting food. Our top tip is to use grated mozzarella cheese for extra flavour.
This classic, rich veal stew from Milan is flavoured with garlic and salty anchovies. Ask the butcher to cut the hind shanks into large chunks. Large flameproof casserole. Good with a saffron-flavoured risotto, or plain boiled rice. Leftovers can be made into a ragú to spoon over pasta. Simply shred the meat and add more stock if the sauce is too thick.
The quantities for this recipe can easily be doubled to feed a family.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.