Ocado British Growing Mint Pot
Ocado Growing Mint Pot.
Mint grows best in moist conditions. It can be grown very successfully outside but remember it spreads very quickly and ideally should be planted in a pot. Keep the compost moist to the touch. Remove sprigs down to a side shoot and use whole, or remove leaves and chop.
Harvest the outer most stems and any branches that are shading other plants, as well as the tallest stems that are growing into the light. Cut mint just above a set of leaves (growth point) and not more than half way down the stem.
Potted herbs are grown as a `cut as you need' fresher alternative to cut herbs; suited to growing in well lit, protected conditions on the windowsill or worktop. Potted herbs are mainly suited to the indoors, however, they can be planted outdoors, with varying success during spring and summer. Mint will successfully grow outside all year round but the Ocado Growing Mint has been grown in a glasshouse so your mint will need gentle acclimatising if you are to plant out during the winter.
As most herbs originate from hot countries they like to be kept on the dry side. The more light and heat they are exposed to, the more frequently they will need watering. During winter, you will probably find that potted herbs will not need to be watered very often.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
- Fresh / Salad & Herbs / Fresh Herbs / Mint
- Food Cupboard / Cooking Ingredients / Herbs / Fresh Herbs / Mint
- Home & Garden / Gardening / Grow Your Own / Seeds & Planting / Herbs
Prepare & Use
Watering the herbs from the bottom is the key to keeping them healthy and to prolonging their life. Your herbs have always been watered from below so by keeping to this regime you will extend the life of the plant.
Remove the herb pots from their sleeves and place the pots in the tray. By placing water at the bottom of the tray you can always see how much water your plants have taken up. Generally water little and often and never keep your plant in standing water
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Ocado Growing Herbs come in a specially designed outer carton to prevent damage during transit.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy.
You can add chickpeas or pinto beans to this dish and spice it up with a little Tabasco sauce.
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is brought to you by Uncle Ben's.
Great in a pitta bread for a healthy, filling lunch.
A North African inspired dish, perfect for easy entertaining.
1 hr 5 mins
Highland Spring is the nation’s favourite brand of bottled water. Drawn from protected, organic land in Perthshire, our natural spring water has been keeping families healthy, hydrated and full of the joys for over 30 years. For a refreshing treat, why not try one of our delicious Highland Spring sparkling mocktails?
View all recipes containing Ocado British Growing Mint Pot
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.