New - Ocado Growing Thai Basil Pot
Thai Basil is a native of Southeast Asia and has smaller narrower leaves than it's popular counterpart, it can also display purple colouring to the leaves and stems. It's most distinctive liquorice aroma and flavour makes it perfect for Thai and Asian cuisines. Try eating raw sprinkled over salads or as a substitute for sweet basil in your favourite dishes for a different flavour experience.
Prawn Fritters - In a food processor, blend together 20 raw king prawns, 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped, 4 finely grated carrots, 1 finely grated kohlrabi, 1 small piece of galangal or ginger root, finely grated, 2 sprigs of fresh mint, a handful of fresh Thai basil, finely chopped, and -2 finely chopped chill, to a coarse texture. Scoop walnut-sized balls out of the mixture and coat each ball in the rice flour. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown, remove from the oil and drain before serving immediately.
Growing herbs are 'cut as you need', harvest just above leaf growth to encourage the plant to re-grow.
Watering the herbs from the bottom is the key to keeping them healthy and to prolonging their life. Your herbs have always been watered from below so by keeping to this regime you will extend the life of the plant.
Remove the herb pots from their sleeves and place the pots in the tray. By placing water at the bottom of the tray you can always see how much water your plants have taken up. Generally water little and often and never keep your plant in standing water.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Prepare & Use
1. Pick leaves as required.
2. Wash before use.
3. Tear or chop.
4. Add at the end of cooking for maximum flavour.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. Our growing herbs are British grown all year round.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Ocado Growing Herbs come in a specially designed outer carton to prevent damage during transit.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy.
A tasty take on a classic broth, this poached salmon in a white tea broth is bursting with ingredients and flavours for a dish that packs a real punch.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.