Ocado Large Brown Onions 3 per pack
6 days guaranteed (avg. 9.5)*
These large onions have a firm feel and bright brown outer skin. They are full of flavour and an ideal ingredient for a wide variety of dishes. When the recipe calls for a large onion these are ideal.
For a classic onion mash, peel and chop onion then sauté until caramelised. Add to mashed potatoes with a dash of milk and sour cream, whisk then season to taste.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. When onions are in season in the UK, we source from home. The rest of the year, when the British onion is out of season, we source from trusted overseas suppliers.
7 Portions based on FSA recommended 80g.
Average size 80mm diameter.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
1. Peel Onions & remove outer skin.
2. Cut top and bottom off Onion and cut into slices or roughly chop.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan or wok at high heat.
4. Once oil has heated add the onions and stir occasionally.
5. Remove and serve after 5 minutes or once softened. Check food is piping hot.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy
A delicious and healthy dish of cod with puy lentils in a red wine sauce.
This Greek-inspired main combines juicy, tender lamb with a slightly tart and spicy crust - it's a great one to try for Sunday lunch.
2 hrs 25 mins
This recipe was created by Valentine Warner for Root Camp, an organisation Ocado proudly supports, which offers residential cookery courses for teenagers that link the field to the plate, through hands-on activities in a rural environment. "Teaching young students is something I want to do a lot more of. I was a very lucky child - I travelled, enjoyed the countryside and learnt a lot about food. I want to pass on my experience and get kids as excited about food as I am. The more you know about your food, the more you know about life - the connections are far reaching." - Valentine Warner, Cookery writer and TV chef
1 hr 55 mins
You simply have to try this umami-flavoured gravy. It might take a little while, but the results are certainly well worth the effort.
1 hr 5 mins
Great quality pork shines in this simple supper dish.
1 hr 25 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.