Ocado Onions 1kg
For a tomato sauce, peel and finely chop onion and fry in a pan with a little olive oil until caramelised. Add crushed garlic, chopped tomatoes, a little tomato purée and crumble in a stock cube. Serve with pasta.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. When onions are in season in the UK, we source from home. The rest of the year, when the British onion is out of season, we source from trusted overseas suppliers.
12 Portions based on FSA recommended 80g.
Average size 60mm diameter.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
1. Peel Onions & remove outer skin.
2. Cut top and bottom off Onion and chop into quarters or preferred size.
3. Place in roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Roast in pre heated fan assisted at 175ºC, Non fan assisted 200ºC & Gas mark 6 on middle shelf.
5. Turn onions over after 15 minutes of cooking. Remove after approximately 30 minutes and serve. Check Food is piping hot.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Make the most of your leftovers, visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com
This popular Brazilian stew is called Moqueca de Peixe. The palm oil (dendê) lends a distinctive flavour as well as an orange colour, but you can use a lighter oil or leave it out altogether.
Chickpeas are such a fantastic ingredient, they have a lovely nutty flavour and are a good source of zinc and protein - and used liberally in Indian cuisine.This recipe is a firm favourite and is really hearty - the perfect winter warmer.
2 hrs 10 mins
Variation Add sliced mushrooms to the filling mixture when you add the onion.
1 hr 15 mins
Variation If you can’t find Swiss chard, use the same amount of fresh spinach.
1 hr 15 mins
Variation Use a mixture of cheese for the filling, if you like – half Cheddar with a crumbly light cheese such as Cheshire or Caerphilly is a good combination.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.