- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Discover hundreds of reductions in our Round Pound Deals.Round Pound Deals
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Ocado Organic Brown Onions 750g
6 days guaranteed (avg. 9)*
Our Organic Onions are grown using organic farming methods which avoid the use of artificial fertilisers and avoid agrochemical pesticides.
Bright with blemish free skin and firm to the touch. These fresh onions have the distinctive savoury flavour that only onions bring to a dish. Ideal as the base for all your favourite dishes, but also great quartered, drizzled in olive oil and roasted.
To add flavour to roast vegetables, peel onion and thickly slice. Roast with carrots and parsnips with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt to add extra flavour to roast dinner.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. When onions are in season in the UK, we source from home. The rest of the year, when the British onion is out of season, we source from trusted overseas suppliers.
9 Portions based on FSA recommended 80g.
Average size 55mm diameter.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Prepare & Use
1. Peel Onions & remove outer skin.
2. Cut top and bottom off Onion and cut in slices or roughly chop.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan or wok at high heat.
4. Once oil has heated add the onions and stir occasionally.
5. Remove and serve after 5 minutes or once softened. Check food is piping hot.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Cook once, eat twice! For great time saving recipes visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipes.
For a perfectly succulent, deliciously flavoursome roast turkey this year, take your tips from an expert. This dish is part of the Delia & Heston collection featured at Waitrose.com
4 hrs 20 mins
You'll love this combination of poached salmon and crispy sugar snap peas for a tasty summer salad - a great alternative to coleslaw.
Janssons Frestelse, or Jansson's temptation - a creamy potato and anchovy gratin - is said to have been named for Pelle Janzon, a food-loving Swedish opera singer of the early 20th century. In any case, the recipe was published for the first time in 1940, and this rich dish quickly became a classic of the Swedish Christmas dinner table. But Jansson's temptation can just as easily be eaten at any time of year. It is quite remarkable that something as simple as potatoes, onions, anchovies and cream can taste so heavenly.
1 hr 20 mins
The content of the Swedish meatball may vary, depending on where in the country it is made. In southern Sweden many people prefer their ground meat with a little more fat, but the further north you go, the less pork you will find in the meatball mixture. However, bread or rusk crumbs allowed to swell in milk are as important as the lingonberries on the side. They give Swedish meatballs their special soft consistency. This is the traditional recipe for meatballs, but for Christmas you can spice your meatballs with ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
This tasty sherpherd's pie recipe is perfect for family dinner times.
1 hr 45 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.