- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Ocado Organic Large Fruit, Veg & Salad Box 13 Varieties
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3.5)*
Our Ocado Organic Veg Boxes are made up of the tastiest available produce, so you’ll receive an array of different items each week. We’ll always include seasonal UK produce when available. This may mean that, from time to time, contents may vary slightly from the selection shown on the website.
For deliveries between Thurs 23rd May - Weds 29th May, this box is planned to contain:
- Baby New Arinda Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- New Season Carrots
- Round Tomatoes
- Salad Onions
- Fairtrade Bananas
For deliveries between Thurs 30th May - Weds 5th June, this box is planned to contain:
- New Season Carrots
- Red Peppers
- Savoy Cabbage
- Vine Tomatoes
- Fairtrade Bananas
The Best Before date on our Organic Veg Boxes refers to the item with the shortest date only. Enjoy the other produce as long as you see fit.
- Fresh / Fruit / Fruit & Vegetable Boxes
- Organic / Fresh / Fruit, Vegetables & Salads / Veg Boxes
- Fresh / Vegetables / Vegetable Boxes & Bags
- Fresh / Vegetables / Organic / Vegetable Boxes & Bags
- Fresh / Fruit / Organic / Fruit & Vegetable Boxes
- Fresh / Vegetables / Vegetable Selection Packs
Prepare & Use
This week’s recipe is Stuffed Butternut Squash
Preheat oven to 200˚C/400˚F/Gas 6. Halve a butternut squash, spoon out the seeds, and score the flesh – criss-crossed – with a sharp knife. Place cut-side up on an ovenproof dish, season well with salt and freshly ground pepper, dot with butter and roast for 1 hour.
To make the stuffing, heat a knob of butter in a large, shallow frying pan until foaming. Peel and slice 2 onions and soften in the pan – covered – for about 15 mins. Add a finger-length piece of ginger (peeled and cut into matchsticks), 2-3 pinches ground cinnamon, 2-3 pinches cumin seeds, a pinch of paprika and a handful of sultanas. Cook until the onions caramelise.
Spoon the mixture equally onto the two halves of squash, then return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins so the juices have time to trickle through the scored flesh. Serve immediately with the pan juices spooned over.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Make the most of your leftovers, visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.