Ocado Organic Shallots 300g
6 days guaranteed (avg. 9)*
Our finely layered shallots have a bright blemish free skin and are milder and sweeter than onions. Don't be tempted to substitute onions if the recipe calls for shallots, it won't be the same. Also great peeled drizzled in olive oil and roasted.
For a tasty accompaniment, slice shallot in half (lengthways through the root) and chop off top and tail then peel. Thickly slice shallot (width-wise) and roast with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese and seasoning to taste.
Store in a cool, dry place
1. Peel shallots and remove outer skin.
2. Cut off top and bottom off shallots.
3. Place in roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Roast in pre-heated fan assisted at 175ºC, Non fan assisted 200ºC or Gas Mark 6 on the middle shelf.
5. Remove after approximately 30 minutes and serve. Check food is piping hot.
Country of Origin
Country of origin may vary due to seasonality.
Country of origin may vary between France, Holland, Spain.
Produced and packed for:
Ocado Retail Ltd.,
Classic risotto recipe made with British asparagus and shallots.
This steak recipe combines glazed pan-fried steaks and almost meaty, mushroom slices, fried until browned. A dash of balsamic vinegar over the mushrooms and steaks cuts through the richness very nicely.
White winter Fenland celery gives this pot roast pheasant a great base flavour and the leaves are ideal for seasoning soups and stews too.
A rich comfort dish using a seasonal delight. It will make a deliciously creamy side dish to any roast meats or can also simply be enjoyed with a refreshing side salad.
In this warming stew recipe, white winter Fenland celery is combined with spicy chorizo and cannellini beans to make the perfect winter feast.
1 hr 45 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.