Ocado Organic Shallots 300g
6 days guaranteed (avg. 9.5)*
Price per kg: £4.00
Our finely layered shallots have a bright blemish free skin and are milder and sweeter than onions. Don't be tempted to substitute onions if the recipe calls for shallots, it won't be the same. Also great peeled drizzled in olive oil and roasted.
For a tasty accompaniment, slice shallot in half (lengthways through the root) and chop off top and tail then peel. Thickly slice shallot (width-wise) and roast with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese and seasoning to taste.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. When shallots are in season in the UK, we source from home. The rest of the year, when the British shallot is out of season, we source from trusted overseas suppliers.
3 Portions based on FSA recommended 80g.
Average size 40mm diameter.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Store in a cool, dry place
Prepare & Use
1. Peel shallots and remove outer skin.
2. Cut off top and bottom off shallots.
3. Place in roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Roast in pre-heated fan assisted at 175ºC, Non fan assisted 200ºC or Gas Mark 6 on the middle shelf.
5. Remove after approximately 30 minutes and serve. Check food is piping hot.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy
Classic risotto recipe made with British asparagus and shallots.
If you find that the soup is too thick after you have blended, pour in a little water to thin out the liquid - alternatively you can pour the soup through a fine meshed sieve.
Crunchy fresh Pink Lady apple combines beautifully with the smoky spicy aromas or Morocco. The perfect lunchbox treat! You can use regular couscous if you like, just make according to pack instructions.
This colourful dish is so simple to make, it's even quicker than getting a take-away!
A great-value joint of beef, cooked slowly and transformed into a luxurious dish.
3 hrs 15 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.