- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Offer - Ocado Parsnips 500g
Mix & Match: Buy any 2 for £2. Order by 12/8/2014, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3.5)*
Firm to the touch and an even creamy white colour our parsnips have a nutty, sweet flavour when cooked but can also be eaten raw. Parsnips are a versatile vegetable that can accompany many favourite dishes. Boiled and mashed they can add a tasty twist to cottage pie.
Roast with crushed garlic and thyme for a great seasoned side.
Country of Origin
We're committed to buying British. When parsnips are in season in the UK, we source from home. The rest of the year, when the British parsnip is out of season, we source from trusted overseas suppliers.
6 Portions based on FSA recommended 80g.
Average size of 145mm & Average Diameter 50mm.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Store in a cool, dry place, wash before use.
Prepare & Use
1. Peel parsnips & remove outer skin.
2. Cut top and bottom off Parsnip and slice into preferred size.
3. Place in roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Roast in pre heated fan assisted at 175ºC, Non fan assisted 200ºC & Gas mark 6 on middle shelf.
5. Turn Parsnips over after 15 minutes of cooking. Remove after approximately 30 minutes and serve. Check Food is piping hot.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Find out how to make the perfect portion at www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/perfect_portions.
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
2 hrs 15 mins
This rich, creamy pureé can be made lighter by using vegetable stock instead of milk or double cream.
Mixed game makes a wonderfully rich-flavoured dish. Look for ready-diced packs of meat, which cut down on preparation time
1 hr 50 mins
When you have trudged home through the cold rain on a dark and grizzly day, you need something restoratively warm and satisfying to thaw you from the inside out. These savoury winter crumbles will do exactly that.
This flavoursome cut of beef goes well with crisp parsnip chips - exclusive recipe for Ocado by Arthur Potts Dawson.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.