Ocado Rhubarb 520g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3)*
Rhubarb can vary in appearance throughout the year with the UK outdoor
crop starting in April and running through to the middle of October. The
start of the outdoor rhubarb season in the UK is a big event, for while
it's botanically a vegetable, it is really the first "fruit" of the
British produce year. It grows in response to daylight, rather than
heat, and the outdoor crop is a perennial so once established, we can
get a crop year after year (some of the plants are over 30 years old).
The colour of rhubarb stalks vary from the commonly associated crimson red, through speckled light pink, to simply light green. The outdoor colour results from the presence of anthocyanins and is likely to be more green than crimson in colour. The colour is not related to its suitability for cooking and the green-stalked rhubarb is more robust than the indoor grown red-coloured stalks.
Rhubarb Fool - Place 350g rhubarb, 55g sugar, the juice of an orange and enough water to cover the rhubarb into a medium pan and boil rapidly until the rhubarb is soft. In a bowl, fold 1beaten egg white into 150ml whipped cream. Remove the rhubarb from the liquid with a slotted spoon and fold into the egg white and cream mixture (reserving a little rhubarb for decoration). Spoon into dishes and top with the reserved rhubarb.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Prepare & Use
1. Wash before use.
2. Trim rhubarb into 3cm pieces.
3. Place into a medium saucepan with sugar, water and lemon juice.
4. Set over a low heat and cover.
5. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 10 - 12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Ocado are working with Love Food Hate Waste to reduce our impact on the environment. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com to find out how you can get more out of the food you buy
A super simple pudding which looks as stunning as it tastes.
1 hr 10 mins
The tangy rhubarb and ginger syrup in this recipe beautifully complements the saltiness and richness of the duck.
1 hr 5 mins
An unusual take on a Scottish classic, using rhubarb instead of raspberries and with a floral and exotic touch. Recipe provided by Sumayya Usmani.
Ginger and rhubarb is a match made in heaven.
These tasty muffins make the most of rhubarb - the fruit makes them quite dense but incredibly moist, and they can withstand freezing better than most cakes. Try making a double batch and keep half in the freezer for next time.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.