Ocado Spaghetti 1kg
Spaghetti made from 100% durum wheat.
Perfect for oily sauces which will cling to the spaghetti when twirled with a fork.
Our Own-Label family owned pasta manufacturer began producing in 1993.
The Factory is located in Campania Region of Italy, on the slopes of the Appennines Mountains, close to the main cultivation areas of durum wheat; Irpinia, Puglia and Basilicata.
It is one of the very few Italian Pasta Companies to have their own mill, making production a fully integrated process from grain to pasta shape.
This is an Ocado product. Like everything in our range, it's good quality, sensibly priced and, of course, responsibly sourced.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Remove all packaging.
Allow approximately 50-75g of pasta per person for a starter or 75-100g for a main course.
Add pasta to a large pan of boiling water (1 litre of water per 100g of pasta). Add salt to taste and boil for 9-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, drain well and serve immediately in your favourite recipe.
A shorter cooking time results in a more "al dente" (firm) texture.
Not suitable for microwave cooking. Cooking appliances vary. These instructions are given as a guide. Ensure the product is piping hot before serving.
Spaghetti with Pancetta and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 100g / 3½oz Pancetta or Streaky Bacon, chopped.
- ¼ Onion, chopped.
- ½ head Broccoli, cut into florets.
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes.
- 5 tbsp White Wine.
- 200g/7oz canned Cherry Tomatoes.
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper.
- 250g Spaghetti, cooked according to instructions.
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the pancetta or bacon until crisp.
2. Add the onion and fry until softened.
3. Add the broccoli, chilli flakes and white wine and simmer until the wine has reduced by half.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the pasta to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce.
5. To serve, place the pasta into serving dishes.
Country of Origin
Produced and packed for:
Proactive about packaging. We remove it when we can.
Find out how to make the perfect portion at www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/perfect_portions
Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat
Durum Wheat Semolina.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||3.5g|
|of which saturates||0.5g|
There's something so appealing about serving up individual dishes, straight from the oven to the table.
Variation You could add some cooked peas to the final dish. For a vegetarian version, leave out the pancetta. Cheat... Use a 200g carton of carbonara sauce (but it won’t be as good as the real thing!).
Cook's Note Make double the quantity of the pesto, spoon half into a jar, and top with a little olive oil – it will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Variation Use small pasta shells or bows in place of the spaghetti.
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
1 hr 25 mins
Served with a green salad, this is a tasty mid-week meal to please all the family.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.