Old El Paso Flour 8 Tortillas 326g
over 3 weeks *
8 Soft Flour Tortillas
Flour Tortillas (pronounced tor-tee-yahs) come from the Spanish word "torta"
which means round cake. Spaniards gave the tortillas this name when they
discovered them in the 16th century. Originally, Mexicans used tortillas as
bread and wrapped them around an array of different fillings. Today, soft Flour
Tortillas are best served warm and are the foundation for your favourite
- Bakery / Wraps, Pitta & Naan Bread / Wraps / White Wraps
- Speciality / International / Mexican / Food Cupboard
- Brands: Old El Paso
Store in a cool dry place. Once opened, close pack, refrigerate and consume
within 3 days. Suitable for home freezing. Defrost thoroughly before use
Prepare & Use
1 Sizzle away:
Slice your chicken breast, peppers and onions into thin strips.
Add a splash of oil to a hot pan and stir-fry the chicken until thoroughly cooked.
Throw in the onion, peppers and Old El Paso Spice Mix for Original Smoky BBQ Fajitas.
Sizzle away, stirring or tossing until the chicken is golden, keeping the veg crunchy.
2 Warm them up:
To warm the tortillas pierce the packaging and microwave on full power for 35-40 seconds.
To heat in the oven, remove packaging, separate tortillas and wrap in foil.
10 minutes at 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4 should do it. Keep them covered and warm until ready to serve.
3 Wrap them up:
For a real Mexican experience serve sizzling hot from the pan for all to share.
Grab a warm tortilla each, spoon in the Old El Paso Thick 'n' Chunky Salsa.
Forget the knives and forks... simply roll and enjoy!
Contains wheat ingredients
Country of Origin
General Mills U.K.,
P.O. Box 363,
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
Wheat Flour, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Stabiliser: Glycerol, Salt, Raising Agents: E450a, E500, Dextrose, Emulsifier: E471, Preservative: E202, Flour Treatment Agent: E920
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g||Per Serving (1 Tortilla)|
|of which sugars||2.8g||1.1g|
|of which saturates||4.9g||2g|
Just five main ingredients make this delicious tortilla bake. It’s a bit like a vegetarian lasagne, made with very little effort!
A delicious blend of smoked trout and herbed goat’s cheese in a tortilla wrap
Fresh lime juice, coriander, and dried chillies give a Mexican flavour to this tomato soup.
This classic Tex Mex favourite goes down well for a family supper, you can adjust the seasoning depending on how hot and spicy you like it. Younger children can help by cleaning and breaking up the mushrooms into pieces instead of slicing them and using small, round bladed scissors to chop up the pepper instead of using a knife. Encouraging children to squeeze the limes and measure out the seasoning works well too. Older children and teenagers can learn about raw meat; how it feels, and why you need to wash your hands and utensils thoroughly after touching it, by skinning and slicing the chicken breasts. They can also help to stir fry the dish under supervision. Kitchen scissors are a good alternative to knives for slicing raw chicken.
Paprika and a hint of cocoa add a rich depth to the tomato sauce. Like this recipe? You’ll find lots more like it at Waitrose.com
View all recipes containing Old El Paso Flour 8 Tortillas
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 06-Mar-2014 at 04:35. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.