Old Empire India Pale Ale 500ml
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
THE ORIGINAL EXPORT.
A true IPA with a strong hop aroma and flavour, a rich malty, bitter taste and pale in colour.
MARSTON'S OLD EMPIRE IS A TRUE INDIA PALE ALE - IT HAS A STRONG HOP AROMA AND FLAVOUR, A RICH MALTY, BITTER TASTE AND IS PALE IN COLOUR.
DURING THE 19TH CENTURY, BURTON BECAME FAMOUS FOR BREWING THE BEST BEER FOR EXPORT TO INDIA. SPARKLING SPRING WATER, A ROBUST STRAIN OF YEAST, HIGH LEVELS OF HOPS AND MATURATION IN OAK CASKS ALL ENSURED THAT THE BEER SURVIVED THE THREE-MONTH SEA JOURNEY TO INDIA. THE RESULT WAS A BEER WITH A TANGY, CLEAN BITTERNESS AND WONDERFULLY REFRESHING CHARACTER.
We use lightweight bottles because they are better for the environment.
PLEASE ENJOY RESPONSIBLY.
2.9 UK Units.
UK Health Depts recommend adults do not regularly exceed.
Men 3-4 units daily.
Women 2-3 units daily.
Avoid alcohol if pregnant or trying to conceive.
- Drinks / Lager & Cider / Ale / Bottles / Single Bottles
- Off Licence / Beer / Ale / Bottles / Single Bottles
- Brands: Old Empire
Prepare & Use
Contains barley malt
Country of Origin
Brewed & bottled by:
Burton Upon Trent,
- Contains: Gluten
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
1 hr 30 mins
Cook's Note If the mixture begins to dry out a little, add some water – but don’t add too much because it will dilute the taste. Variation Use any combination of your favourite cooked beans or pulses.
Why hit the chippy when it's so easy to make fabulous homemade fish, chips and mushy peas?
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 11-Mar-2014 at 03:59. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.