Cooks' Ingredients Organic Bay Leaves Waitrose 5g
Price per 10g: £3.78
Waitrose Organic Dried Bay Leaves. A strong, aromatic herb traditionally used to flavour soups, stews and sauces.
- Food Cupboard / Cooking Ingredients / Herbs / Dried Herbs / Bay Leaf
- Organic / Food Cupboard / Herbs & Spices
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Use to add flavour to soups, casseroles and sauces
Put 300ml milk, 1 Organic Bay Leaf, 1/2 a small onion and 6 Organic Black Peppercorns in a saucepan and heat gently to boiling point. Remove from the heat and leave for 20 minutes. Strain into a jug. In a saucepan, melt 40g butter, Stir in 25g flour and cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and stir until thick and smooth. Season with salt and pepper
Contents may settle. This product is packed by weight not volume
Country of Origin
Produce of more than one country.
Country of Packing
Contents may settle. This product is packed by weight, not volume..
Arthur Potts Dawson's classic take on the Sunday Roast, with chicken, roasties, chipolatas, veggies and extra special gravy. Recipe by Arthur Potts Dawson as part of the cheFHM series.
2 hrs 20 mins
Paul Gayler, executive chef at The Lanesborough, says: "This is my recipe for salt-cured duck breast, prepared like proscuttio; it is simple to prepare and fairly inexpensive to make. For the best results the meat should be thinly sliced on a gravity food slicer, but thinly sliced with a knife is fine."
Mark Dodson, chef proprietor at The Mason's Arms in Devon, has shared this recipe for cod with a tomato and thyme vinaigrette. He suggests that the dish is perfectly accompanied by crushed new potatoes and thinly sliced chorizo, with a simple garnish of rocket.
This dish takes its name from author Arnold Bennett, who once requested an omelette at the Savoy Hotel in London, which contained smoked haddock. So delighted was he with the dish with which he was presented, he went on to order it at hotels around the world, and the dish remains a staple on the Savoy's menu to this day.
Organic Daylesford lamb makes this comforting classic even more delicious.
2 hrs 10 mins
View all recipes containing Cooks' Ingredients Organic Bay Leaves Waitrose
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.