Organic Flour Strong White Bread Waitrose 1.5kg
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 12.6p
Store in a cool dry place
Prepare & Use
Simple white rolls
You will need:
500g Organic Strong White Bread Flour
7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
175ml tepid milk, plus extra to glaze
175ml tepid water
1. Mix together the flour, yeast and salt.
Add the milk and water and mix with a round bladed knife to make a soft dough.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Divide the dough into eight, even-sized pieces and shape each into a ball. Flatten slightly and space well apart, on a large, greased baking sheet.
Cover with greased cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Towards the end of proving time, preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
4. Brush with milk and dust with extra flour. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and pale golden. Cool on a wire rack. Wrap and store for up to 2 days or freeze for a month.
Country of Origin
Produce of more than one country
Country of Packing
Bag - Paper
Pack - Recyclable
Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat
Organic Wheat Flour
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||2.4g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
This recipe is based on a very old Sussex recipe known as ‘Hikers' brunch’ or Sussex Sausage Rolls. You can use other fillings to make the rolls really interesting and a surprise to bite into. Good food when you’re on the move, they are useful to take if you have an early start to eat part way through your journey.
Pieces of chicken cooked slowly in a rich red wine sauce, enhanced by the robust flavours of shallots, garlic, mushrooms and bacon.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.