Organic Jumbo Rolled Oats Waitrose 1kg
Price per 100g: 22.5p
Waitrose Organic Jumbo Oats are milled in the traditional way creating thicker whole oatflakes. These Organic Jumbo Oats are perfect for use in cooking and create a more textured, heartier porridge, than standard cut oats.
Store in a cool dry place. Once opened, store in an airtight container.
Prepare & Use
Hob: Allow 50g oats per person. Place the oats in a saucepan, with a pinch of salt and add 300ml of cold milk (water can be used for a less creamy porridge). Bring to the boil, and simmer for 7-8 minutes. stirring continuously, add sugar to taste.
Microwave oven: When using ovens with a different heating category or wattage from those indicated, adjust cooking time according to manufacturer's handbook. Pierce film in several places and place on a microwave plate. Place 50g oats per person in a large microwave bowl and stir in 300ml of water or milk. For ovens carrying the Microwave symbol, For 1 serving cook on full power for 3 minutes for heating category B stir then cook on full power for 2 minutes. For heating category D, cook on full power for 2 minutes stir then cook on full power for 2 1/2 minutes. For other ovens, cook on full power for 3 minutes, stir then cook on full power for 2 minutes for 650W power rating. For 2 servings cook on full power for 3 minutes for heating category B stir then cook on full power for 3 minutes. For heating category D, cook on full power for 3 minutes stir then cook on full power for 2 1/2 minutes. For other ovens, cook on full power for 3 minutes, stir then cook on full power for 3 minutes for 650W power rating. Allow to stand for one minute. Add sugar or salt to taste.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Berkshire RG12 8YA
Plastic bag recyclable..
- May Contain Nut, Contains Gluten, May Contain Sesame, Contains Oats
Organic rolled jumbo oats.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1.5g|
|of which saturates||1.6g|
Make a batch at the weekend – then make topping changes through the week. Try adding seasonal fruits such as strawberries in summer and chopped Cox’s apples in September – here’s our suggestions: Topping 1 2 tbsp dried cranberries 1 tbsp pistachio nuts, roughly chopped Topping 2 25g blackberries 25g raspberries Topping 3 25g pomegranate seeds 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
“Provides all the energy active mums need”
Incredibly light and fluffy, these blinis will put a spring in your step!
Flapjack is a good food for school lunchboxes and snacks, made with oats which are slow release carbs plus helping towards your Five a Day with apples and blackberries. Easy to make, supervise younger children if you allow them to use the stove top otherwise let them prepare the fruit and weigh out the ingredients. If you can't get hold of jumbo oats then double the quantity of rolled oats.
These simple and delicious flapjacks made with Sweet Freedom dark syrup (100% from fruit) are brilliant for kids' lunch boxes and are very filling! Make a batch and take them to work for a tea break treat!
1 hr 35 mins
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.