Offer - Perrier Jouet Grand Brut Champagne NV 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £29.99
Founded in Epernay in 1811, the house of Perrier-Jouet is known the world over for its high quality champagne and its prestigious vineyard. It owns one of the champagne region's most coveted vineyards, set right in the heart of the most highly esteemed crus, which gives its champagnes outstanding finesse. Grand brut is the jewel in the crown of a house which, in 1854, was the first to make a dry champagne. It is the very essence of the art to champagne making and the emblem of tradition and quality, on which Perrier-Jouet has built its fine reputation.
Alc. 12% Vol.
9 UK Units
- Brands: Perrier
- Wine Styles: Dry, Champagne
- Countries: Champagne
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Champagne
Store in a cool dry place.
Best enjoyed within next 3 years
Pinot Noir / Chardonnay / Pinot Meunier
Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut has an attractive bouquet, with youthful, delicate, creamy hints and a touch of yeasty autolysis. In the mouth, lively persistent bubbles with clean, soft creamy fruit, excellent intensity and a lingering finish. Elegant and balanced
Pernod Ricard UK Ltd
Perrier Jouët is like the 'hidden jewel' in Champagne. Perrier Jouët owns some of THE most sought after Chardonnay Vineyards in Champagne. The quality of Chardonnay in all the cuvees drives the style - even when it is the smallest proportion of the assemblage. In 1847 the company decided to reduce substantially the quantity of sugar added to it's cuvees, the better to reveal the finesse of it's blends. This radical approach to champagne-making led to the creation of the first true Brut champagne cuvee.
The Champagne region is best known for the production of the sparkling white wine that bears the region's name.
The high altitude and mean annual temperature of 10 °C (50 °F) creates a difficult environment for wine grapes to fully ripen. Ripening is aided by the presence of forests which helps to stabilize temperatures and maintain moisture in the soil. The cool temperatures serve to produce high levels of acidity in the resulting grape which is ideal for sparkling wine.
The Perrier Jouet Grand Brut blend is based on structure and depth of the Pinot Noir grapes from the Premiers and Grand Crus of Mailly, Verzy, Ay, and Rilly la Montagne. These delicately subtle Pinot Noirs bring out the appealing, rounded fruit styles of of the Pinot Meuniers from the terroirs of Dizy, Damery, Venteuil, Vincelles and Vinay. Finally Chardonnay wines from the Grand Cru villages of Cramant, Avize, Le Mesnil and Chouilly lend the blend freshness and a flinty, mineral quality. Once bottled, these wines mature for 3 years in the house's chalk cellars below the avenue de Champagne in Epernay, the historic heart of Champagne.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Pernod Ricard UK,
Pack - Glass
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.