- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Offer - President Unsalted Butter 250g
Buy any 2 for £2.75 - Buy 2 for £2.75. Order by 18/6/2013, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
over 3 weeks *
Made in the heart of Normandy with the finest milk and cream, Président Unsalted butter offers all the pleasure of pure French butter. Scrumptious spread on fresh bread or crumpets and perfect for savoury pastries and sauces, it brings a delightful taste to every occasion.
- Fresh / Milk, Butter & Eggs / Butter, Fats & Spreads / Block Butter / Continental Butter
- Fresh / Milk, Butter & Eggs / Butter, Fats & Spreads / Block Butter / Unsalted Butter
- Speciality / International / French / Fresh
Keep refrigerated (+8°C).
Country of Origin
Président - CI Tower,
Surrey, KT3 4TT,
- Contains: Lactose, Milk
This is another of those simple, quick, yeast-free breads that can be put together in next to no time. It’s not bread at all really, more a sort of savoury cake, and I absolutely love it. The plain version is delicious with bacon for breakfast, or as an accompaniment to hearty, beany stews or soups. However, if you add a few extra tasty ingredients (see suggestions below), it becomes almost a meal in itself and you don’t need much with it except maybe some scrambled eggs or salad.
I know the idea of cheesecake for breakfast sounds odd, but this simple recipe is a great way to start the day, especially if you serve it with some fresh berries or fruit compote. It is incredibly easy to throw together as there’s no biscuit base and you can get it on the table in little more than half an hour. Besides making a luxurious weekend breakfast or brunch, it is also a delicious pudding. Until recently, I thickened the cheese mixture with a little semolina or flour, but I tried using oatmeal instead and the result was so successful that I now usually do it this way. If using salted goat’s cheese, don’t add salt to the recipe.
This is really a Victoria sponge flavoured with lemon zest and drenched, after baking, in a very lemony liquid icing that soaks through the cake and also forms a glaze. The intense lemony tang saves it from being too sweet.
1 hr 5 mins
The international success of the carrot cake has surely paved the way for experimenting with root vegetables in other cake recipes. Well, this is my contribution to the genre. It’s a corker – rich and velvety, and a tad lighter than a traditional, fudgy brownie. Warm from the oven, it makes a good pudding brownie to serve with vanilla ice cream.
Variation You could use ham and Gruyère, or a similar soft melting cheese such as emmental. Or add wholegrain mustard or mayonnaise, if you like. Cook's Notes For a lighter version, toast the sandwiches using a dry sandwich press, and poach the eggs instead of frying them.
View all recipes containing President Unsalted Butter
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-May-2013 at 00:20. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.