Offer - Reflets de France 2 Duck Legs Confit from South-West France
Buy any 2 of our French range, save 20% - Buy any 2 of our French range, save 20%. Order by 15/12/2013, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
Confit Duck Legs from South West of France, 2 Legs
Worshipped by the Pharaohs and celebrities at feasts among the Greeks and Romans, duck and goose were tamed by man soon after and then fattened up. The confit was originally a way of preserving meat with what was available at the time. After being immersed in salt for 24 hours, the duck legs are placed in a pot of melted fat for 3 or 4 hours. The duck legs are then placed in a stoneware dish and completely covered in hot fat. The meat therefore remains tender and retains its flavour.
- Speciality / International / French / Reflets de France
- Food Cupboard / Tins & Cans / Long Life Ready Meals
- Speciality / International / French / Food Cupboard
Keep at room temperature.
Prepare & Use
How to serve:
Confit duck legs can be enjoyed with a salad, can be cooked in a parsley and garlic sauce: heat the duck legs over a gentle heat to melt the fat. In the meantime chop potatoes into approx. 5mm thick discs and dry them well using a tea towel. Remove the legs from the pot when they are golden in colour, drain them and keep them warm. Place the potatoes on a moderate heat to cook for 10 mins stirring them occasionally. As soon as they are cooked remove the excess fat with a soup spoon, add salt, pepper, garlic and chopped parsley. Decorate your plate with some salad leaves; empty the potatoes onto the plate and finally place the duck leg skin side up. You can also add peeled boletus
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Duck Confit from South West of France, 2 Duck Legs, Duck Fat, Salt.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.