- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Reflets de France Buckwheat Flour 1kg
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 30p
Breton Buckwheat Stone Ground Flour
It was back in the 15th century when buckwheat, also known as Sarrasin appeared in Europe. In Brittany this delicacy reached its peak in the middle of the 19th century and buckwheat was for a very long time the staple ingredient in Breton cooking. Today buckwheat is still used in numerous typical recipes such as crepes and the Sarrasin cake. Don’t think you’ve got the recipe for the buckwheat cake as there are as many of them out there as there are villages!
- Speciality / International / French / Reflets de France / Seasonings & Condiments
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Plain Flour
- Speciality / International / French / Food Cupboard
Prepare & Use
Buckwheat Cake Recipe
500g of flour,1 tablespoon of coarse salt, 1 egg, 1 litre of water, ½ litre of milk.
In a bowl, add the flour and make a hole in the middle and add the salt and the eggs. Gradually mix in the milk and water until you have a smooth creamy paste. You can either make the cakes straight away or leave the mixture to set for an hour.
Buckwheat Cake with Shelled Scallops
1 cake, 2 spoonfuls of shelled scallops sautéed in lightly salted butter.
Prepare the sautéed scallops for 4 cakes. 8 or 12 scallops depending on their size, 1 small teaspoon of pepper, 1 dessert spoon of cider brandy or calvados, lightly salted butter and salt.
Thinly slice the scallops. Heat a knob (50g) of butter in a pot until it becomes a small knob then add the shelled scallops. Then add the pepper and the cider brandy. Add salt and stir vigorously for 1 minute (no longer) over the heat. Prepare the cake. Add the cake to a knob of lightly salted melted butter to a pan. Leave it to heat through for 30 seconds then turn is over. Garnish it with sautéed shelled scallops. Leave it to cook for another minute then cut into 4 and add a knob of butter to the top to melt through. Serve
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
This product is prone to drying out.
- May Contain: Gluten
Stone Ground Buckwheat Flour.
Pancakes are usually associated with sweet recipes, but these buckwheat pancakes are perfectly matched with creamy cheese and golden squash.
1 hr 20 mins
Raggmunk is the name for a Swedish potato pancake. The pancakes are fried in butter and served with fried pork and lingonberries. They cannot be made using new potatoes, since potatoes that are harvested in early summer do not contain enough starch to hold the pancake together.
Popular in Brittany, in northwest France, where the local cuisine is defined by rich, rustic flavours.
Blinis are melt-in-the-mouth bases for bite-sized party canapés.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.