- Smart Pass
Things taste better when they're in season. Tuck into this season's fruit and veg.Fruit & Veg
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 1/3 on RRP.Special Buys
Offer - Reflets de France Guerande Fine Salt 250g
Buy any 2 of our French range, save 15% - Buy any 2 of our French range, save 15%. Order by 21/5/2013, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
over 1 month *
Price per kg: £10.00
Guerande Finely Ground Sea Salt.
The Guerande finely ground sea salt is mined by the salt workers in the salterns. Sea water enters the salterns at high tide. It progresses slowly then gradually settles producing a concentration of salt which continues under the sun and wind until saturation point and until the sodium chloride forms crystals. The salt worker then collects the grey coarse salt by scraping with a type of wooden rake. The salt is then dripped dry firstly in the fresh air and then finely ground down in the salt granaries.
- Speciality / International / French / Reflets de France / Seasonings & Condiments
- Food Cupboard / Cooking Ingredients / Salt / Rock & Sea Salts
- Speciality / International / French / Food Cupboard
Store in a cool, dry place
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
100% Guerande Salt
Romkugler were invented by cunning Danish bakers who solved the problem of what to do with leftover pieces of cake by mixing the bits with jam, rum and cocoa powder to make a sweet paste, then rolling this into balls and coating in dessicated coconut to sell afresh the next day. My recipe uses oats instead of cake crumbs, but feel free to experiment! Whether made with cake or oats, Danes will often tell you that these dark chocolatey rum truffles are one of the treats they miss most from home. I can see why, as they are utterly delicious. They are a doddle to make, so keep these in the fridge to scoff whenever you feel the need for a little pick-me-up.
Pepperkaker, or "pepper cakes", get their name from the warming black pepper that was traditionally mixed in with the other spices. Many modern recipes leave it out, but I've included a smidgeon for old times' sake. You can cut these in stars, hearts, moons, Christmas trees - whatever takes your fancy - personally I have a soft spot for the classic round shape and traditional hearts. Do chill the dough overnight as it really helps to roll it out thinly, plus it gives the flavours time to develop. This dough freezes well, so you can bake half now and freeze the rest to bake another day.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.