Offer - Reflets de France Spaetzle Dried Pasta 250g
Buy any 2 of our French range, save 20% - Buy any 2 of our French range, save 20%. Order by 31/12/2014, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
Price per 100g: 62p
Spaetzle Pasta from Alsace
Typically from the region of Alsace this pasta delicacy used to bear the interesting name of "zizi d'ange" which meant "willy of an angel". Cooked for 15 minutes in salted water, cooled down and then re-heated in a pot, they are delicious and are the perfect accompaniment to meat with sauces such as game, kidneys or escalopes with a cream sauce but also with mushroom omelette for example.
- Speciality / International / French / Food Cupboard
- Speciality / International / French / Reflets de France
- Food Cupboard / Rice, Pasta, Noodles & Pulses / Pasta / Spaghetti
Prepare & Use
This type of pasta is very thick and requires a cooking time of 15 minutes on full heat in 3 litres of salted water. To create a lovely dish you can even cook them in advance, drain them, add butter and mix so that they don't stick together, scatter them on a plate and leave to cool. At dinner time return them to the pot and reheat them over a gentle heat. The Spaetzle are traditionally eaten with dishes with sauces such as game, beef fillets with a pepper sauce, thin strips of chicken or turkey, veal kidneys cooked over a flame, escalopes with a cream sauce etc. They are also delicious with a mushroom omelette or a good salad
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Egg
Spaetzle Pasta from Alsace, 7 fresh eggs per kilo, Top quality Durum Wheat Semolina, Fresh Eggs (30%) (Which is 320g per kg of semolina.)
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.