Offer - Reflets de France White Beans with Bacon A L'Ancien 85cl
Buy any 2 of our French range, save 20% - Buy any 2 of our French range, save 20%. Order by 15/12/2013, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
Price per litre: £4.71
Traditionally Cooked White Beans from Vendée.
These soft white beans date back to the 16th Century in South America when the sailors offered it to Pope Clement VII. The monks who were put in charge of looking into optimal conditions for acclimatisation soon discovered that the Marais Poitevin had the best environment for growing them. Carefully sorted, the beans are soaked, drained, rinsed then blanched and sorted again. They are the perfect accompaniment to Cured ham from the Vendée region.
- Food Cupboard / Tins & Cans / Beans & Pulses / Beans
- Speciality / International / French / Reflets de France
- Food Cupboard / Tins & Cans / Vegetables / Beans & Chickpeas / Beans
- Speciality / International / French / Food Cupboard
Prepare & Use
To empty the jar easily, place it in a Bain Marie for 5 minutes then empty the contents into a dish and gently heat them through or put them on a microwaveable plate and place them in the microwave. Add 2 knobs of butter when serving. Other suggestions: serve warm as a starter with a dressing, shallots and parsley and as they used to do serve with large chunks of toasted bread drizzled in oil
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Water, Blanched White Beans (40%), Carrots, Beechwood Smoked Bacon (Belly of Pork, Salt), Garlic, Back Bacon (Pork Meat and Fat, Water, Natural Flavouring, Salt, Sugar, Herbs and Spices), Sea Salt, Herbs and Spices (Thyme, Bay).
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.