Rude Health Gluten Free Honey Puffed Oats 240g
Price per 100g: £1.44
Honey Puffed Oats
Wholegrain pure oats with a drizzle of honey.
Floaty. Oaty. And a Little Bit Noaghty
We take the finest British oats and lovingly load them into a big popping machine. We build up the heat and pressure and then kaddablooey! They blast out all over the place. Then we take each little oaty cloud, and drizzle it with just a hint of honey. On the outside they're perky and crispy with a subtle sweetness. In the middle they're floaty, oaty and dreamy.
Cooked oats can be used as a moisturiser. We recommend you check the temperature of your porridge before you stick your face in it though.
Oats were found in Egyptian tombs dating back to 2000BC, presumably so the tomb's occupants could enjoy a healthy breakfast in the afterlife. We hope they packed some maple syrup too.
If you're gluten intolerant, here's some good news: this cereal is made with pure oats from sources uncontaminated by gluten-containing grains. And even if you're not, but you're regularly eating pasta, toast and sandwiches, then this will be a welcome break from wheat.
Every puff in this pack is made from one whole grain. We don't mash up our grains then re-shape them. That means they keep all their natural flavour and nutrition. So we don't have to 'fortify' them with artificial additives, because we don't process the good stuff out in the first place.
Oats are a brilliant source of beta glucan, which is a brilliant thing because that's good for your heart, which is a brilliant thing because your heart keeps you alive and naughty. Brilliant.
No Added Salt or Refined Sugars
Honey tastes great because it's full of good things, including natural sugars. That's why fruit tastes good too. Just as we'd never mess around with the fruit in our cereals, we only use pure honey in this one. We choose our ingredients like our friends: we like them wild, not refined.
What gets us up in the morning.
- Making tasty breakfasts.
Life's too short to eat food you don't enjoy. So we choose ingredients that taste amazing.
- Making healthy breakfasts.
We don't over-process anything into unnatural shapes and textures. We don't need salt, refined sugars or fortifications, as our ingredients are perfect just as they are.
- Sustaining you.
There's an old saying: "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper." A bowlful of Rude Health breakfast is made to keep a bounce in your step until lunchtime.
- Sustaining the planet.
There's no point being rudely healthy on a sick planet. So we work to minimise our packaging, and to grow our ingredients where they grow best naturally. And we'll never, ever use GM.
You're in rude health when...
You win the mum's race - in your heels. You Lindyhop. You can carry your son on your shoulders - and he's 24. We wanted to make cereals which help you feel that good all day. This is one of them.
Rude Health Rants
Bottled water? Neau thanks.
Why do people buy bottled water? Have they lost the recipe to make it at home? Not only do you have to lug it home from the shops, the water has to be schlepped from whatever mountain spring it's sprung out of. On average it takes 162g of oil and seven litres of water just to make a one litre bottle of the stuff. And then we'll have to wait 450 years for the bottle to break down - if our civilization doesn't submerge in empty packaging first. Let's save our energy for importing tasty treats like decent bottles of wine, and get some nice fresh water from the tap.
Store in a dry place.
Prepare & Use
How we like it:
We like our Honey Puffed Oats to float in an interesting variation on milk. Have you tried alternatives made from almonds, quinoa or rice? For a double-intensity experience, you can even get one that's made from oats
1 Glenville Mews,
Carton box recyclable.
- Contains: Oats
- May Contain: Nut
- Free from: Gluten
Wholegrain Pure Oats (83%), Honey (17%).
No Added Salt
No Refined Sugars
Free From Genetically Modified Ingredients
|Typical values||per 100g||per 17.5g with 125ml s/s milk|
|of which sugars||13.9g||8.4g|
|of which saturates||1.2g||1.6g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.