Offer - Rude Health Organic Porridge Fruity Date 500g
Price per 100g: 69.8p
When you think of sensual experiences, porridge might not be at the top of your list. Fruity Date Porridge will change all that. We've added rich, complex flavours to our perfect blend of oatmeal and oats. There are dates, apricots and apple pieces just waiting to release their aromas as they caramelise and cook. We've also added ground apple and cinnamon to make this a breakfast you'll never forget.
Cinnamon: spice up your body and mind
The ancient Egyptians put cinnamon in mummies. We love cinnamon for its exotic flavour that compliments the sweet fruit and warms us to our toes. We also love what it can do for us: cinnamon has been found to stimulate the nervous system and can lower inflammation, all good things on a winter's day. No wonder those Egyptian mummies are so sprightly in horror films.
If you like dates, why not eat them cold, in our no Flamin' Raisins Muesli. And if you like dates on the go, try The Pumpkin Bar, a veggie energy boost with a pinch of cinnamon.
At Rude Health we only use the kind of ingredients you'd have in your own kitchen - nothing artificial, nothing refined. We source our ingredients from fields, orchards and vines - not laboratories. We think food should be made out of food - not thickeners, preservatives, colourings flavouring and other additives. The proof is in the taste, try it for yourself. When you've got food this good inside you, you'll be up for anything.
We think this porridge tastes best made with just milk, which helps to bring out its seductive sweetness.
For a full porridge sutra come to rudehealth.com/recipes.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram /rudehealth
- Brands: Rude Health
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian, Wheat Free, Kosher
- Options: Top Offers, On Offer
Store in a cool, dry place.
Cooking Instructions - General. Mix 1 measure (50g per person) of porridge with 2 1/2 measures (250ml) of milk. for a less creamy result you can use half milk and half water.; Hob - From Ambient. Bring to the boil slowly and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.; Microwave - From Ambient. Use a suitable bowl and do not cover. Cook at full power for 2 minutes and stir, then full power for 1 minute and stir. Leave to stand for 2 minutes to cool down and thicken up.
Preparation and Usage
1 cup porridge (about 50g)
2 1/2 cups milk or half milk and half water (250ml)
In a Pan: Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Microwave: Pour ingredients into a bowl and cook on full power for 2 minutes then stir. Cook for a further minute, then stir. Leave to cool and thicken for 2 minutes.
Country of Packing
69-79 Fulham High Street,
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Porridge Oats, Jumbo Oats, Oatmeal, Dates (12%), Apricots, Apple, Ground Apple, Cinnamon
No Added Salt; Suitable for Vegetarians; Organic; Kosher
|Typical Values||per serving*||per 100g|
|Energy||166.5 kcal||333 kcal|
|705 kJ||1410 KJ|
|of which saturates||0.8g||1.5g|
|of which sugars||8.3g||16.5g|
|*50g Fruity Date Porridge|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.