- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
SMA First Milk 6 x 250ml
Advanced gold system
Nutritionally complete - tailored formula
Omega 3 & 6 LCPs - long chain polyunsaturates
Easy to digest - for babies from birth
Suitable for Halal
Breast milk substitute when baby is not breastfed or to combination feed with breast milk
SMA Advanced Gold System is a range of scientifically developed formulas to help meet the nutritional needs of babies and young children. Every product has a tailored nutrient profile for each stage of growth and development.
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Baby & Child / Baby Milk / Ready to Feed Baby Milk / Ready to Feed - First Milk (from Birth)
- Baby & Child / Newborn / Breast & Bottle Feeding / Newborn Milk / Ready to Feed Milk
- Brands: Sma
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Do not freeze
Do Not Freeze
Prepare & Use
Feeding guide - 12 months
Approx. age of baby: Birth - 2 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.5kg, 7 3/4lb; Size of feed: 100ml, 3 1/2 fl. oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
Approx. age of baby: 2-4 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 4.2kg, 9 1/4lb; Size of feed: 130ml, 4 1/2 fl. oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Approx. weight of baby: 4.7kg, 10 1/4lb; Size of feed: 170ml, 6 fl. oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
Approx. age of baby: 4 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.5kg, 14 1/4lb; Size of feed: 230ml, 8 fl. oz (approx.); Feed in 24 hours: 5
Approx. age of baby: 6 months; Approx. weight of baby: 7.5kg, 16 1/2lb; Size of feed: 250ml, 8 1/2 fl. oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 4
Approx. age of baby: 7-12 months; Approx. weight of baby: -kg, -lb; Size of feed: 230ml, 8 fl. oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 3
This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand.
Preparing your baby's feed
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
Feeding directly from the SMA bottle using SMA teat purchased separately:
1 SMA First Infant Milk can be fed at room temperature. If required to heat, stand the unopened bottle in warm (not boiling) water. Do not remove the feeding measure tear strip until milk has been warmed to desired temperature.
2 Wash hands well.
3 Peel off the tear strip on the side of the bottle to reveal the feeding measure. This will help show you how much your baby has consumed.
4 Shake bottle, unscrew lid from the bottle and remove the foil seal.
5 Unwrap SMA ready to use sterilised teat and holding the teat ring, screw directly onto the bottle.
6 Gently press the neck of the bottle to angle it for easier feeding.
7 If warmed, test temperature by shaking a few drops of milk onto the inside of your wrist, milk should be lukewarm.
Decanting from the SMA bottle:
1 If milk is to be decanted into a bottle, sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions. If required to heat, stand your filled bottle in warm water.
2 If warmed, test temperature by shaking a few drops of milk onto the inside of your wrist, milk should be lukewarm.
Important feeding information
Do not bottle in a microwave oven.
Do not refill or reuse bottle
Shake bottle well before use.
If fed directly form bottle dispose of leftover feed that has not been used within 2 hours.
If milk is decanted the remaining contents of this bottle can be resealed and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle.
Do not squeeze bottle during feeding.
Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
Breastfeeding is best for babies. You should always seek the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist on the need for and proper method of use of infant milks and on all matters of infant feeding. Prolonged or frequent contact of drinks or feeds with the teeth increases the risk of tooth decay. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
In Republic of Ireland,
Citywest Business Campus,
- Contains: Lactose, Soya, Milk, Sulphites
Water, Skimmed Milk, Lactose, Vegetable Oils (including structured Vegetable Oil), Whey Protein Concentrate (Enriched in Alpha-Lactalbumin), Emulsifiers (Monoglycerides of Fatty Acids and Soya Lecithin), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Vitamin C, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, L-Tyrosine, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Calcium Hydroxide, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Vitamin E, L-tryptophan, Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, L-Carnitine, Niacin, Disodium Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Pantothenic Acid, Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin K, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 22-May-2013 at 00:14. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.