Scottish Mild Smoked Salmon Waitrose 400g
7 days guaranteed (avg. 11)*
Price per kg: £38.98
Waitrose Scottish Salmon Smoked over Oak
Interleaved for easy serving!
Premium quality salmon farmed in the fast flowing, deep tidal waters around Scotland. Cured using salt and demerara sugar, then oak smoked giving it a soft, mellow flavour.
Our premium salmon are reared in the fast flowing, deep tidal waters around Scotland, where the strong surrents help to produce lean, healthy fish, ideal for smoking
The salmon is kiln smoked for up to 10 hours over gently smouldering oak pieces, giving it a soft, mellow flavour. It is then trimmed, sliced and interleaved for perfect serving every time.
Minimum 12 slices.
- Fresh / Deli & Dips / Seafood & Smoked Salmon / Smoked Salmon
- Fresh / Fish & Seafood / Smoked & Cured / Salmon
- Fresh / Fish & Seafood / Smoked Salmon
- Brands: Waitrose
Keep refrigerated below 5°C. Store unopened in refrigerator below 5°C until required: for best results remove from packaging and allow to 'breathe' for around half an hour before consumption. Any remaining salmon should be well wrapped and returned to refrigerator. Use within 2 days of opening.
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within 1 month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once opened.
Prepare & Use
Delicious smoked salmon wrap...
Spread a tortilla wrap with creme fraiche flavoured with the juice and zest of a lemon, then season with cracked black pepper. Add shredded iceberg lettuce, spring onions and the smoked salmon, wrap tightly and enjoy
Country of Origin
Although every care is taken to remove all bones, small bones may remain.
Nutrition experts recommend eating 2-3 portions of fish a week, one of which should be an oily fish such as farmed Scottish salmon, rich in Omega 3 long chain fatty acids believed to improve heart health and brain function.
- Contains: Fish
Salmon (97%), Salt, Demerara Sugar.
Omega 3 oils are essential to health and well-being.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||0.4g|
|of which saturates||3g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||4.7g|
|of which polyunsaturates||3.5g|
Cucumber slices combine well with the flavour of smoked salmon.
These filo pastries are perfect served hot or cold.
Easy to make, these can be served as a party appetizer with drinks, or as a first course with a salad garnish.
Smoked salmon terrines always go down well at garden parties and picnics - though this will have to be prepared the night before. Use your favourite bread to serve with the terrine.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.