Scottish Rolled Porridge Oats essential Waitrose 500g
Delicious rolled porridge oats.
Store in a cool dry place. Please be careful with hot product or liquid. Once prepared do not store or reheat.
Prepare & Use
Allow approximately 50g (1 3/4 oz) oats per person. Place oats in a small saucepan and add 300ml (1/2 pint) cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add sugar and salt to taste. Alternatively milk may be used instead of water. When using ovens with different heating category or wattage from those indicated, adjust cooking time according to manufacturer's handbook. Place oats in a large microwave bowl and stir in the water or milk. For ovens carrying the Microwave symbol, and one serving, cook on full power for 3 minutes for heating category B. Stir, then cook on full power for a further 2 minutes. For heating category D, cook on full power for 2 minutes. Stir, then cook on full power for further 2 1/2 minutes. For 2 servings, cook on full power for 3 minutes (heating category B or D). Stir then cook on full power for a further 3 minutes for heating category B, and 2 1/2 minutes for heating category D. For a 650W power rating, and one serving, cook on full power for 3 minutes. Stir, then cook on full power for a further 2 minutes. For 2 servings, cook on full power for 3 minutes. Stir, then cook on full power for another 3 minutes
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
This product is packed to weight no volume. Contents may settle after packing.
- Contains: Gluten, Oats
- May Contain: Nut, Sesame, Peanut
Rolled Wholegrain Oats.
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 50g serving|
|of which sugars||1.5g||17.6g|
|of which saturates||1.6g||4.7g|
These simple and delicious flapjacks made with Sweet Freedom dark syrup (100% from fruit) are brilliant for kids' lunch boxes and are very filling! Make a batch and take them to work for a tea break treat!
1 hr 35 mins
Delectable and pretty, this combination of two classic British desserts has its richness lifted by the zing of ginger and tart rhubarb, the vegetable that thinks it's a fruit.
This popular dessert is quick and easy to make, suitable for both family lunches and dinner parties for friends.
A good source of slow release energy and a delicious start to the day.
Try these oaty flapjacks, with apple in the centre and a toffee topping, as a treat for Bonfire Night - they will soon become family favourites.
View all recipes containing Scottish Rolled Porridge Oats essential Waitrose
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.