Sharpham Organic Spelt Stoneground White Flour 1kg
Price per 100g: 35p
Sharpham Park Organic Stoneground White Spelt Flour is made from grain that has been nurtured and grown in the West Country, making it a truly British product.
Wholegrain and refined spelt flours are produced in our dedicated Organic spelt mill on the farm, along with our pearled spelt.
For well over 1000 years, Sharpham Park is Somerset has been a domain with a rich agricultural heritage, sustaining Glastonbury Abbots, Kings and noblemen throughout the ages. Now it is the family home of Roger Saul, founder of the British designer label Mulberry, and his wife Monty. Together they have created the Sharpham Park Organic food range out of their passion for sustainably-farmed, healthy and natural food.
Spelt has a unique molecular structure, making it easier to digest than wheat.
Please see our website for further details: www.sharphampark.com.
Please note that the recipe for Muffins on the side of the pack should read 25ml milk, NOT 250ml.
Spelt (Triticum spelta) is an ancient cousin of wheat and has a different molecular structure to common wheat. With a mild nutty flavour, spelt is a wonderfully nutritious grain and has a low Glycaemic Index making it a great energy food.
Our bags are made from PEFC Accredited paper … ie: paper made from sustainable forests, grown specifically for the manufacture of paper and furniture.
Remove the plastic strip lining the aperture and recycle
Organic Certification UK5
- Organic / Food Cupboard / Home Baking
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Bread Flour & Yeast / Bread Flour
- Food Cupboard / Home Baking Ingredients / Bread Making / Bread Flour
Prepare & Use
You can replace wheat flour with spelt in any recipe.
Muffins, Yorkshire Pudding, Bread (including bread machine recipes), Cakes, Biscuits, Pastry ……
There are no additives in our Refined White Spelt Flour
Country of Origin
Bag - Paper.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
100% Stone Ground British Spelt Flour
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Vegetarians
Suitable for Diabetics
Not Tested on Animals
No Added Salt
No Added Sugar
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1.8g|
|of which saturates||0.7g|
Great cakes for enjoying either at home or as part of a packed lunch.
A lighter choice, but with no compromise on taste, these spelt pancakes are topped with poached dried fruits, Greek yoghurt and sweet honey for a healthy touch. Delicious.
Make dinnertime special with this savoury galette. A mixture of spelt and normal flour, topped with ham hock, gruyere and a crispy duck egg, not only does it taste great, it looks pretty impressive too!
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.