Sharpham Organic Spelt Stoneground White Flour 1kg
Price per 100g: 35.9p
Organic spelt white flour
A deliciously light flour, suitable for use in all recipes where wheat flour is used
What is Spelt?
Spelt is an ancient grain that has been grown in Somerset since the start of the Iron Age.
It's a cross between emmer wheat and goats grass, with a delicious nutty taste, and is different to common wheat in that the body finds it easier to digest. This is due to its unique brittle gluten structure, which means some people with a wheat intolerance may find spelt a suitable alternative (please note: spelt contains gluten and is not suitable for diagnosed coeliacs). Spelt is a great source of protein, which your body needs to maintain healthy blood and muscle structure. It's also packed full of natural iron and potassium, essential for cell regeneration and for maintaining stable blood pressure.
Prepare & Use
You can replace wheat flour with spelt in any recipe.
Muffins, Yorkshire Pudding, Bread (including bread machine recipes), Cakes, Biscuits, Pastry ……
There are no additives in our Refined White Spelt Flour
Country of Origin
Bag - Paper.
Pack - Recyclable.
- Contains Gluten, Contains Spelt
100% Stone Ground British Spelt Flour
Suitable for Vegetarians; Organic
|of which saturates||0.6g|
|of which sugars||2.6g|
Great cakes for enjoying either at home or as part of a packed lunch.
A lighter choice, but with no compromise on taste, these spelt pancakes are topped with poached dried fruits, Greek yoghurt and sweet honey for a healthy touch. Delicious.
Make dinnertime special with this savoury galette. A mixture of spelt and normal flour, topped with ham hock, gruyere and a crispy duck egg, not only does it taste great, it looks pretty impressive too!
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.