Sharpham Park Organic Wholegrain Spelt Flour 1kg
Price per 100g: 32.9p
Wholegrain and refined spelt flours are produced in our dedicated Organic spelt mill on the farm, along with our pearled spelt.
For well over 1000 years, Sharpham Park is Somerset has been a domain with a rich agricultural heritage, sustaining Glastonbury Abbots, Kings and noblemen throughout the ages. Now it is the family home of Roger Saul, founder of the British designer label Mulberry, and his wife Monty. Together they have created the Sharpham Park Organic food range out of their passion for sustainably-farmed, healthy and natural food.
- Organic / Food Cupboard / Home Baking
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Wholemeal & Granary Flour / Wholemeal Flour
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Bread Flour & Yeast / Bread Flour
- Food Cupboard / Home Baking Ingredients / Bread Making / Bread Flour
Store cool and dry.
Prepare & Use
For the Perfect Banana Loaf
You will need
130g Unsalted butter (melted)
3 Large ripe bananas
25g Clear honey
2 Large eggs
127g Dark brown sugar
170g Wholegrain spelt flour
10g Baking powder
30g Chopped pecan nuts (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 180c / Gas Mark 4.
Lightly grease and flour dust 400g tin
Place eggs and brown sugar into electric mixer and whisk to a light ribbon stage.
Sift spelt flour and baking powder into a clean bowl; tip the remaining un-sifted part of spelt back into the dry mix. This helps to aerate the mix.
In a separate bowl, combine together melted butter (tepid), honey and roughly mashed bananas.
Combine all 3 parts together: start with butter mix to flour, followed by egg mix. Do not over mix! Spoon evenly into tin, sprinkle with chopped nuts, and place in middle of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Test by inserting a skewer to the centre of the loaf and then removing. The skewer should be clean. Remove from oven, rest for a few minutes before removing from tin and transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips: Try using this same recipe for banana cupcakes; cut the cooking time down to about 15 mins, and decorate with glacé fruit. For a touch of spice, add a pinch of cinnamon to the flour when sifting.
Spelt contains gluten
Not suitable for coeliacs
Country of Origin
Glastonbury, Somerset BA16 9SA
Spelt (Triticum spelta) is an ancient cousin of wheat and has a different molecular structure to common wheat. With a mild nutty flavour, spelt is a wonderfully nutritious grain and has a low Glycaemic Index making it a great energy food..
100% Stone Ground British Spelt Flour
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||2.3g|
|of which saturates||0.7g|
A wonderfully moist and tangy summer cake, fantastic served with yoghurt or creme fraiche and a handful of berries.
Crumble for breakfast? We'll have some of that please!
Chef Christoffer Hruskova set up an organic bakery in his native Denmark and here shares his own recipe for spelt and rye flatbread. Serve with soft cheese for a sumptuous snack.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.