Shepherd Neame Bishops Finger Strong Ale 5.4% ABV 500ml
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Store in a cool dry place. Once opened refrigerate below 5 °C and use within one month.
Britain's oldest brewer.
1698 over 300 years.
Kentish Strong Ale
Bishops Finger is named after an ancient Kentish signpost found on the Pilgrims Way pointing to Canterbury and the shrine of Thomas à Becket.
It was first brewed in 1958 to celebrate the end of austerity after the war. It was Shepard Neame's first Strong Ale after over twenty years of malt rationing.
Today it is produced to its own Charter: it must be only brewed on Fridays, by the Head Brewer, using Kentish barley malt, locally grown hops and the natural chalk filtered water drawn from our artesian well.
This unique beer was the first in the UK to be accorded a Protective Geographical Indication (PGI) by the EU. Andrew Jefford, describes it as "Rich fruit notes of gently roasted malts...with a dry lingering seville orange finish".
- Off Licence / Beer / Ale / Bottles / Single Bottles
- Drinks / Lager & Cider / Ale / Bottles / Single Bottles
Prepare & Use
Contains barley malt
Country of Origin
Shepherd Neame Ltd,
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 06-Mar-2014 at 04:27. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.