Shropshire Spice Co Stuffing Sage & Roasted Onion Mix 150g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 99.3p
English Sage with Roasted Red Onion
Hand picked with the best ingredients, our wholemeal stuffing offers the most wholesome & healthy choice.
Harvested in our own country, the aromatic sage herb combines perfectly with the gentle flavour of roasted red onions.
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Mix the contents of the packet with 300ml (10fl oz) of boiling water and 25g (1 oz) of butter for flavour. If not cooking straight away store in the refrigerator. Place in a greased oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes at 200ºC/Gas Mark 6. When stuffing meat, poultry or game, use the total weight of the dish to calculate cooking times.
Microwave, prepare as above and place in a non-metallic oven proof dish, cover and microwave on full power for 3 minutes Cat B 650W or 2.5 minutes Cat E 850W. For a crisp top, place under a pre-heated grill for 2 minutes.
To serve separately follow instructions above and place in a greased oven proof dish for 20 mins at 200ºC/Gas Mark 6. Roll into stuffing balls for individual servings and bake on a greased baking tray.
Stuffing vegetables makes an ideal side dish that's quick to prepare. Try with large flat mushrooms, onions, peppers and tomatoes. Simply hollow out the centre of the vegetable, fill with stuffing and bake in the oven for 20 minutes as above.
Quick recipe tips:
For a special speedy supper, mix up the stuffing and allow to cool. Mix with 500g of turkey or chicken mince, add an egg and season. Separate into small balls, dust with flour and fry in batches. Try serving with a tomato sauce and pasta
Country of Origin
The Shropshire Spice Company Ltd
The Green Industrial Estate
Carton box recyclable.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Yeast
- May Contain: Nut, Celery
Wholemeal Breadcrumbs (Wheatflour, Salt, Yeast), Wholemeal Rusk, Roasted Red Onion 10%, Onion Flake 15%, Dried English Sage 2.5.
Suitable for Vegetarians
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1.5g|
|of which starch||29.5g|
|of which saturates||0.2g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||0.2g|
|of which polyunsaturates||0.4g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.