- Smart Pass
Things taste better when they're in season. Tuck into this season's fruit and veg.Fruit & Veg
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Surestart Seed & Cutting Compost
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
Sure Start Seed & Cutting Compost is a unique compost formulation that has been developed to ensure the perfect conditions for seed germination as well as seedling and cutting establishment. It contains fine grade vermiculite to guarantee good drainage and aeration and a unique blend of plant extracts that stimulates young seeds and cutting to produce strong healthy seedlings and growth.
Prepare & Use
- Place compost in a tray or pot and fill to just below the rim.
- Tap down the compost with a board or level tool to give a flat even surface.
- Water the compost thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Sow the seeds evenly over the whole surface. Cover seeds evenly with a thin layer of compost and water using a watering can with a fine rose.
- Ensure that the compost is kept moist by covering the seeds with a thin layer of polythene or a sheet of glass until the seeds have germinated. Keep seeds out of direct sunlight.
- When the seedlings are large enough to handle, remove them from the seed tray with a dibber or pencil and place them in pots or trays of Westland West+ Multi Purpose Compost.
- Always pick up seedlings by their leaves, rather than their stems as this causes less damage.
- Take cuttings by making a sloping cut, with a sharp knife, in the stem and removing all of the bottom leaves.
- To encourage rooting, dip the end of the cutting in hormone rooting powder.
- Fill pot/tray with compost and water well.
- Making a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber place the cutting into the hole and gently firm the compost around it, ensuring good contact of the compost with the submerged cutting.
- Water thoroughly.
- Do not place cuttings too close together. Place in warm environment out of direct sunlight until cuttings have taken.
- When finished taking cuttings, place glass or polythene over the pot/tray to reduce moisture loss, ensuring the leaves do not touch the glass or polythene
Country of Origin
Westland Horticulture Ltd,
14 Granville Industrial Estate,
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.