- Smart Pass
Things taste better when they're in season. Tuck into this season's fruit and veg.Fruit & Veg
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 1/3 on RRP.Special Buys
The Black Farmer Free Range Whole Chicken Typical weight: 1.75kg
4 days guaranteed (avg. 5.5)*
Typical price £10.51
Price per kg: £6.18
Min. weight: 1.5kg
Max. weight: 1.9kg
The Black Farmer Free Range Chicken.
Flavours without frontiers.
- RSPCA Freedom Food Approved.
- East Anglian chicken.
- Free to roam and forage outside in meadows.
- Slow growing breed for maximum flavour.
- Fresh / Meat & Poultry / Chicken / Free Range / Whole Birds
- Fresh / Meat & Poultry / Chicken / Whole Birds / Free Range
- Brands: The Black Farmer
Keep refrigerated. Once opened, use within 24 hours.
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within 1 month.
Prepare & Use
- Remove packaging.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin, cover loosely with foil.
- Place in a preheated oven 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cook for 45 minutes per kilo plus 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Remove foil for the last 30 minutes to allow browning.
- To check that the chicken is cooked, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh, if the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked, if they are pink return the chicken to the oven for a further 25 minutes and re-test.
Cooking appliances vary: these instructions are given only as a guide
Country of Origin
The Black Farmer® Ltd.,
St. Giles on the Heath,
Plastic Tray & Film.
|Typical values||per 100g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.