The Village Bakery Organic Rossisky Rye Bread 800g
4 days guaranteed (avg. 5) (avg. 5)*
Price per 100g: 22.1p
The Village Bakery Organic Rossisky Bread 800g
Rye - a deliciously dark and tangy Russian - inspired rye bread In Kostroma, on the Volga River, making real Russian Sourdough is considered an art form and talking about it is as important as eating it. And it is easy to see why. How do you turn rye flour, water and sea salt into deliciously tangy bread? In the case of Rossisky, it comes down to doing as little as possible. We use the finest ingredients and a sourdough inspired by the bakers of Kostroma, which we leave a full 24 hours to ferment. The rest is down to patience, Mother Nature and a few hundred years of Russian expertise
Trust The Village Bakery.
Who else would spend over thirty years making organic bread without any of the additives other bakers say are essential? Who else would run their ovens on renewable energy or give their bread nearly a day to rise - allowing enough time to make your bread easier to digest and full of flavour. People said we were mad. But which is crazier: to lace your bread with stuff that isn't food as people understand the word, or to use only basic ingredients that our bodies recognise? We don't think it's mad to have a healthy respect for people and planet. All our flour comes from farmers who work with nature to produce vital crops from fertile soil. If you like your bread and it likes you, maybe it's because from grain to loaf, nobody has cut corners. So what's in it for you? A good eat we hope. And our assurance that we haven't added anything you wouldn't think of as food. Except a whole lot of time. Trust the Village Bakery!
Store in ambient conditions.
Prepare & Use
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
The Village Bakery Melmerby,
Bag - Plastic.
Organic Certification UK5..
- Contains: Gluten, Yeast
- May Contain: Nut, Egg, Lactose, Sesame, Mustard, Soya, Milk
- Free from: Wheat
Rye Flour*, Water, Sea Salt.
Rye Flour contains naturally occurring yeasts.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Free From Wheat.
May Contain Eggs.
May Contain Milk.
May Contain Mustard.
May Contain Nuts.
May Contain Sesame Seeds.
May Contain Soya\Soybeans.
Free From Additives.
Free From Artificial Preservatives.
|Typical Values||per 100g||75g slice|
|of which sugars||0.6g||0.4g|
|of which starch||47.6g||35.8g|
|of which saturates||0.3g||0.2g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||0.3g||0.2g|
|of which polyunsaturates||0.9g||0.7g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.