Offer - Tilda Pure Basmati Rice 1kg
Buy any 2 for £7 - Buy any 2 for £7. Order by 11/3/2014, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
Tilda® Pure Basmati Rice - Pure Basmati. Tastes like no other rice on earth.
Tilda® Pure Basmati tastes like no other rice on earth - a tantalising flavour and a magical aroma. This delightful rice is so simple to prepare with its longer, whiter grains that cook up light, fluffy and separate. Basmati is a unique rice that grows only in the foothills of the Himalayas where it is watered by snowfed rivers and hand tended by dedicated farmers.
We select only pure traditional Basmati and refuse to blend with inferior grains.
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Allow 250g for 4 generous servings
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, at least 2.5 litres with 1 tsp sea salt, if liked.
2. Stir in rice and return to a medium boil. Cook 10 minutes for an 'al dente' texture, 12 minutes for more tender grains.
3. Drain well and leave for 3 minutes before serving.
Fork through a knob of butter or drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or coriander. For more tender, fluffy grain soak in cold water to cover for at least 10 minutes then drain before cooking.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
PO BOX 550
Pure Basmati rice.
|Typical Values||per 100g||Per 60g|
|of which sugars||Traceg||Traceg|
|of which saturates||0.1g||0.1g|
Lisa's Tip: This recipe is so simple but gives a huge flavour boost. The rice gets a slightly sweet and nutty flavour so its a perfect complement to Asian cooking. If you are making a curry, fish, spicy stir fry or even a roast chicken, this rice will be a great side!
By marinating the beef with the Kung Po sauce, you get juicy, spicy beef which partners perfectly with in a rice and lettuce wrap. Chef's tip: why not make a platter with beef, rice and lettuce and allow everyone to build their own wrap?
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 10-Mar-2014 at 02:50. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.