Tilda Pure Basmati Rice 500g
Tilda Pure Basmati combines beautifully with many ingredients.
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Hob - From Ambient. Allow 60g of uncooked rice per person (approx. 1/2 cup) 1 measure dry rice: 2 measures water.
For best results we recommend you soak the rice in cold water from 30 minutes, then rinse in a sieve with cold water.
1. Take a large pan and add 2 measures of cold water to 1 measure of Basmati.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the water is absorbed. Avoid opening the lid or stirring the rice.
3. Remove from heat, allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
4. Lightly fork through the grains before serving.
Alternatively rinse uncooked rice with cold water. Add to a large pan of boiling water, cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Drain well and stand for 3 minutes. Lightly fork through the grains and serve.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
PO BOX 550
Each 180g cooked serving contains: Low Fat 0.6g <1.0%, Low Sat Fat 0.3g 1.5%, Low Sugars Trace <1.0%, Low Salt Trace <1.0% % based on Guideline Daily Amount (GDA) for a typical UK adult
This pack contains at least 8 portions.
Milled in the UK from an imported ingredient.
Pure Basmati Rice
Free From Gluten
Free From Lactose
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||Per 100g Uncooked||Per 180g Cooked*|
|(of which sugars)||0.5g||trace|
|(of which saturates)||0.4g||0.3g|
|*Values based on recommended cooking instructions|
Lisa's Tip: This recipe is so simple but gives a huge flavour boost. The rice gets a slightly sweet and nutty flavour so its a perfect complement to Asian cooking. If you are making a curry, fish, spicy stir fry or even a roast chicken, this rice will be a great side!
This curry only takes 20 minutes, start to finish - don't believe the story that the longer the curry takes the better the flavour"; the opposite is true.
Nasi Goreng is a great dish to cook with left over meats, fish and rice from the night before and is ready in no time at all. The main thing to remember when cooking this dish is to have all your ingredients ready to go into the wok. Once you start cooking it will all cook very quickly.
This dish works really well with the rice and lamb combined or leaving the rice as a separate side dish. It is great fun for feeding a big party of friends.
5 hrs 20 mins
Subtly spiced, this versatile rice dish can be served hot or cold.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 17-Sep-2014 at 03:17. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.