- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
We've got the perfect gift for every kind of dad this Father's Day.Father's Day
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Tilda Pure Basmati Rice 2kg
Tilda® Pure Original Basmati Rice
We select this unique fragrant and delicate Basmati from over 10,000 independent farmers whom we know by name.
We love Basmati and for over 30 years we have been committed to guarding the quality and heritage of this legendary rice. To the thousands of farmers who grow this precious grain we have always given free farming advice and contributed to their communities. Tilda is purity tested, as we believe only pure Basmati has the tantalising flavour and magical aroma that makes it the most delicious rice on earth.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
How to cook:
Allow 60g of uncooked rice per person (approx. ½ cup).
1 measure dry rice: 2 measures water.
For best results we recommend you soak the rice in cold water for 30 minutes, then rinse in a sieve with cold water.
1. Take a large pan and add 2 measures of cold water to 1 measure of Basmati.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 mins until the water is absorbed. Avoid opening the lid or stirring the rice.
3. Remove from heat, stand covered for 5 mins.
4. Lightly fork through the grains before serving.
Alternatively rinse uncooked rice with cold water. Add to a large pan of boiling water, cook on medium heat for 10-12 mins. Drain well and stand for 3 mins. Lightly fork through the grains and serve
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
PO BOX 550
Pure Basmati Rice.
Free From Gluten
Free From Lactose
|Typical values||per 100g||Per 180gcooked|
|of which sugars||0.5g||Trace|
|of which saturates||0.4g||0.3g|
By marinating the beef with the Kung Po sauce, you get juicy, spicy beef which partners perfectly with in a rice and lettuce wrap. Chef's tip: why not make a platter with beef, rice and lettuce and allow everyone to build their own wrap?
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 21-May-2013 at 00:26. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.