Tomato & Basil Sauce essential Waitrose 500g
over 1 week *
Waitrose Tomato & Basil Cooking Sauce
A simple sauce, known as Napoletana, made with tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil (1.5%), garlic and basil.
- Fresh / Pasta & Sauce / Pasta Sauce
- Fresh / Soups, Sauces & Accompaniments / Pasta Sauces / Tomato Sauce
Keep refrigerated below 5°C. For use by date see lid. Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month.
Prepare & Use
Microwave b/650W 6 mins, D/750W 5 mins, E/850W, 4 1/2 mins
Microwave from frozen. B/650W 11 mins, D/750W 10 mins, E/850W 8 1/2 mins
Microwave ovens vary: refer to handbook. Remove lid and stir sauce, if from chilled. Lay the lid back on to the pot and place pot on a microwaveable plate. Stir halfway through heating. Stir before standing. Stand for 2 minutes after heating. Check food is piping hot. If not, heat for a further brief period.
Hob 5-6 mins. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until piping hot
Do not reheat once cooled. Stir before serving
Country of Origin
Pot, lid and labels recyclable.
- May Contain: Nut, Sesame, Peanut
Chopped tomato (40%), crushed tomato (30%), water, onion, tomato purée, extra virgin olive oil (1.5%), sugar, salt, garlic purée (0.4%), basil (0.1%), white pepper
Chopped tomato contains tomato, tomato juice, firming agent calcium chloride, acidity regulator citric acid
Crushed tomato contains tomato, salt, acidity regulator citric acid.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 1/2 pot|
|of which sugars||4.8g||11.9g|
|of which saturates||0.3g||0.8g|
An eye-catching pizza with spinach and a whole egg.
Calzone is an Italian turnover made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese, ham or vegetables. It's a bit like an Italian version of our pasties. Calzone is usually served with marinara sauce on the side so you can dunk the calzone into the sauce. It is usually deep fried but we are baking this version to make it healthier. Children can help make up the dough if you're making it by hand and fill the calzone.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.