Tuna Steak Waitrose 240g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 4.5)*
Price per kg: £29.13
Firm, meaty yellowfin tuna steak, skinless and boneless. The deep crimson flesh responds well to being griddled or pan fried, just seared on the outside to preserve its moistness and flavour. Line caught, dolphin friendly and naturally high in Omega 3
- Brands: Waitrose
Keep Refrigerated; Suitable for Home Freezing
Prepare & Use
Shallow Fry - From Chilled. Preparation: Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw fish.
Size and thickness of fish may vary, cook times are given as guidance.
Remove all packaging. Heat a knob of unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. When foaming add the tuna steaks. Pan fry over a medium hot heat, turning halfway through cooking.
Do not reheat once cooled.
Tray & Heat Sealed.
- Contains Fish
Warning: Filleting removes all major bones: small bones may remain
|Typical Values||as sold per 100g|
|of which sugars||Trace|
|of which saturates||0.4g|
These should be served straight from the pan while still sizzling hot.
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining, this dish is fragrant and filling. Recipe from “Cook Express” published by Dorling Kindersley.
This well-known classic French salad is substantial enough to be served as a main dish.
Its excellent chunky texture makes tuna an ideal fish to cook on a barbecue. Photo © Gareth Morgans
Variation Red onions can be used instead of the shallots.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.