Union Organic Natural Spirit Ground Espresso 227g
Price per 100g: £2.09
Strength rating 5 - Strong
Rich and powerful, a cup of choice if you enjoy a full bodied coffee. We’ve blended the sweet citrus highlights of Mexico, with the floral notes of Ethiopia and underscored with caramel finish of Peru for this beautifully balanced union.
- Brands: Union Hand-Roasted
- Coffee Roast (Strength): Dark (Strength 5)
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Organic, Fairtrade
Once opened, store in an airtight container ideally use within 2 days.
Prepare & Use
Use around 7-12g per espresso shot - depending on personal taste preference. Watch the extraction - it should take a moment or two after pressing the button for the flow to start. Flow should be slow and steady - not a drip-drip, and a full shot should take between 18 and 25 seconds to pour adjust one fluid ounce (about 28ml).
The flow should look like honey from a spoon. Stop the extraction when you get the required volume or just as you start to see a blonding in the crema.
If the flow was too fast (espresso tastes thin and sharp) grind finer, or coarser. If the time was too long or the shot tasted bitter or harsh.
You can also experiment with the fill and tamp pressure - all of these aspects will affect the flavour of the coffee significantly.
Make sure your coffee maker is clean as coffee oil build-up will taste stale.
Country of Origin
Peru, Mexico, Ethiopia
Country of Packing
Union Hand-Roasted Coffee,
7a South Crescent,
0207 474 8990
Cardboard box recyclable
Union roast and ground coffees are created with incredible attention to detail. We believe passionately in sourcing only coffees of premium quality. Our community of like-minded individuals are chosen carefully and work hand-in-hand with us, matching their coffee farming skills with our expertise of small batch, artisan coffee roasting.
We use this 'recipe' to craft distinct, flavourful coffees of premium quality reflecting the personalities of their origin. This is in tandem with caring for those communities, who are as much an important part of the union as those who serve and enjoy high quality, great tasting coffee in their lives.
So for the most exceptional cup of coffee, follow our barista tips on the side of pack and become a part of our union of coffee lovers.
Espresso coffee, ground coffee, roasted
Suitable for vegetarians
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.