Vertmont Canadian Wild Rice 250g
Price per 100g: £2.30
Canadian Lake Wild Rice
Wild rice is native North American aquatic grain (Lat. Zizania Palustris) which is quite different from ordinary rice know as "Oriza Sativa". Our wild rice is 100% pure and grows naturally in the Parkland Lakes of Northern Canada in the province of Saskatchewan. It matures slowly during the cool summer days helped only by sun and water. thus bearing a larger and tastier grain. No pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers are used at any time. It is unique natural food.
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
1. Rinse the rice under cold water
2. Bring to boil by adding 4 cups of water for 1 cup of wild rice and add a pinch of salt
3. Cover and let simmer on low heat for about 50 to 55 minutes until the kernels puff open to reveal the white interior
4. Remove from heat, drain excess liquid if any and serve as is or with your favourite recipe
Wild rice can be mixed with white or brown rice and accompanies well all meat dishes, wild game, poultry and fish
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
P.O. Box 899
La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Canada S0J 1LO.
- Free from: Nut
100% authentic lake wild rice "Zizania Palustris" Aquatic grain from Canada. Organically Grown. Grade A1 Long Grain
|Typical values||per 100g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.