Offer - Vilarnau Rose Cava 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £8.61
Made from Trepat and Pinot Noir grapes which give this delicious pink fizz a bright redcurrant colour and vibrant ripe strawberry fruit characters, this Cava is aged for 18 months prior to disgorgement. It is soft and juicy in character with refreshing balanced acidity - the perfect aperitif.
Vilarnau (literally translated as The House of Arnau) made its first aged cavas in the town of Sant Sadurni d'Anoia in 1949. Sixty years later the wines are now made in a state of the art winery, whose sleek minimalist design couldn't be further from the fortified Romanesque house from which the company takes its name. The estate lies at approximately 250 metres above sea level and enjoys a Mediterranean climate, shielded by the breathtaking Montserrat Mountains to the north and the Litoral range to the south. Specialising in long-aged cavas, Vilarnau has over two and a half million bottles in stock, stored in temperature controlled cellars to ensure consistency of style and quality year after year.
Damia Deas has been in charge of winemaking at Vilarnau since 1985. He has personally supervised the planting of the vineyards and the construction of the spectacular bodega. Its sleek simplicity and sympathy with the surrounding landscape reflects Damia's interest in architecture, in which he is also qualified. Damia is passionate about Precision Viticulture, a practice where each vine is treated individually, achieving the ultimate balance between the canopy, the number of bunches and water retention, resulting in perfect ripening of the grapes.
Alc. 12% Vol.
- Brands: Vilarnau
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Trepat
- Wine Styles: Dry, Sparkling
- Countries: Catalonia
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £7 to £10
- Wine Cellar: Sparkling Wine, IWSC
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Castell De Vilarnau,
Sant Sadurni D'Anoia,
Glass bottle recyclable.
- Contains: Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.