Villa Antinori Toscana, Italy 2004 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £14.99
13.5% Alc. Vol.
Climate Vintage: The beginning of spring saw a good amount of rain and slightly higher temperatures than the seasonal average, which favoured a slight anticipation of the budding phase. In the following period, average temperatures and rainfall led to excellent flowering and vegetative cycle. Rains at the beginning of summer maintained a good plant growth equilibrium which lasted throughout the month of August. Notwithstanding the high day temperatures, nights were cool and assured the full ripening of all grape varieties. As a result, the ripening of the grapes proceeded optimally, guaranteeing the presumption of an excellent harvest.
- Brands: Villa
- Grape Varieties: Other Red Grapes
- Wine Styles: Medium Bodied
- Countries: Italy
- Price Ranges: £12 to £20
- Wine Cellar: Red, Fine Wine, IWC
Preparation and Usage
60% Sangiovese, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot and 5% Syrah
Deep ruby-red in colour with hints of berries and wood. Complex and elegant with tannins yet balanced and soft, rich of extracts.
The grapes were de-stemmed, lightly pressed, and macerated in stainless steel tanks for 12 days, at a temperature which was kept below 30°C. During this time alcoholic fermentation also took place. By the end of the year, the wine had also completed its malolactic fermentation and was then transferred partly to French, American and Hungarian oak barrique to age for 12 months. The wine was then bottled and aged at least 8 months before release.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Imbottigliato da Marchesi Antinori S.R.L.
In S. Casciano V.P.,
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.