- Smart Pass
Things taste better when they're in season. Tuck into this season's fruit and veg.Fruit & Veg
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Whole English Trout Waitrose Typical weight: 0.32kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 4)*
Typical price £2.74
Price per kg: £8.69
Min. weight: 0.29kg
Max. weight: 0.35kg
Waitrose Responsibly Farmed
English Estate Whole Rainbow Trout
From the Earl of Radnor's Longford Estate, where the fish swim freely in gravel ponds fed by the flowing waters of the Hampshire Avon, filtered through the chalk of Salisbury Plain. The firm, pink flesh has a subtle, delicate flavour and is naturally high in Omega 3
Keep refrigerated below 5°C. Suitable for home freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted
Prepare & Use
wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw fish
Oven: Electric 200°C 20-25 mins, Fan 180°C 20-25 mins, Gas gas6 20-25 mins
For best results oven bake. Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Loosely wrap trout in buttered foil and place on a baking tray in centre of oven.
Grill: 10-15. Preheat grill. Remove all packaging. Using a sharp knife, lightly score the trout on both sides and brush with a little cooking oil. Place under a medium grill. Turn halfway through cooking. Cook until the trout comes away from the bone easily when parted with a fork.
Pan Fry: 8-12 mins. Remove all packaging. Rinse the trout, dry and lightly dust with seasoned flour. Heat a knob of butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, and when foaming add the fish. Cook on a high heat, turning halfway through cooking time. Cook until the trout turns opaque and the flakes can be gently parted with a fork
Country of Origin
Waitrose Limited Bracknell
RG12 8YA .
Omega 3 oils are essential to health and well-being.
- Contains: Fish
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||0g|
|of which saturates||1.1g|
Delicate trout enhanced with citrus and nutty texture.
This Oriental flavoured glaze is delicious served with any barbecued fish. Salmon fillets work equally well and are super simply to make, just spoon over the cooked fish and serve.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.