Wolf Blass Presidents Selection Chardonnay 2010 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £12.49
The fruit from this wine was sourced from premium Vineyards in South Australia. Many of the parcels of fruit used were fermented in new French and American oak. Barrel fermentation was followed by extended lees contact and stirring, with some malolactic fermentation. The wine was then matured in barrel for five months.
Wolf Blass Presidents Selection Chardonnay is a vibrant straw yellow colour in the glass. Intense peach and melon aromas develop into a tropical fruit flavoured palate that is supported by subtle oak characters. This rich, full-bodied wine has a creamy mouthfeel and a soft lingering finish.
2011 International Wine & Spirit Competition. Best Australian Producer.
Alc. 12.5% Vol.
9.4 UK Units.
- Brands: Wolf Blass
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Wine Styles: Dry
- Countries: South Australia
- Price Ranges: £12 to £20
- Wine Cellar: White
This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 2 years.
Grilled chicken with creamy potato bake and green beans
Fresh lifted aromas of nectarines and figs, supported by more complex, nutty, toast oak characters. Full flavoured with a blend of citrus and peaches with a long creamy finish. The oak is integrated and well balanced with the wine's fruit flavour.
Chicken Caesar salad.
Wolf Blass Wines
Wines that embrace the spirit of our heritage, President Selection wines aim to be the truest expression of the philosophy our founding president Wolf Blass, who has always been passionate about three principals in winemaking quality, character and consistency.
The winemaking team identified special parcels of fruit that were perfect for crafting into this unique wine. All of the parcels were grown in premium South Australian vineyards with the majority of fruit sourced Adelaide Hills, Padthaway and Eden Valley.
Individual components are kept separate throughout the winemaking process, allowing the winemaker to choose specific characters that contribute to the final blend. The aim is to make a wine with crisp Chardonnay fruit and underlying oak complexity. Matured for nine months in a combination of seasoned and new (3%) French oak, as well as with Hungarian oak. An un-oaked parcel was retained to contribute vibrancy and freshness to the wine.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
70 London Road,
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.